Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrated by Lack of Common Hunting Ammo in Anchorage

Exclamation Frustrated by Lack of Common Hunting Ammo in Anchorage

I want my two daughters to get more practice shooting their 30.06s so they can have a better chance of making a clean kill on their moose this fall, but I have not been able to re-supply with simple Remington Express Core-Lokt 180 gr cartridges...Does anyone know of a business in Anchorage or Eagle River where I can find some NOW? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Berto View Post
    I want my two daughters to get more practice shooting their 30.06s so they can have a better chance of making a clean kill on their moose this fall, but I have not been able to re-supply with simple Remington Express Core-Lokt 180 gr cartridges...Does anyone know of a business in Anchorage or Eagle River where I can find some NOW? Thanks in advance.
    Good luck. Ive been scouring the area for 30-06 as well. It managed to get 2 boxes and that was it. I will keep an eye out and let you know. Sometimes boondocks in eagle river has it.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

I think your frustration is shared...I've got a son headed to Africa with me next year who needs trigger time on my .308 and time behind a scope on a .22...haven't found any in months.

This will eventually break, but it sure is dorking up plans and off season practice opportunity for kids and adults alike.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    I think your frustration is shared...I've got a son headed to Africa with me next year who needs trigger time on my .308 and time behind a scope on a .22...haven't found any in months.

This will eventually break, but it sure is dorking up plans and off season practice opportunity for kids and adults alike.
    I'll check when I get home, but I believe I have a couple of boxes of .308 in the safe, but no longer have a rifle in that caliber. If I find 'em, they're all yours.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Team Kabob View Post

I wish you out of state people would stop posting that crap. All of the places gunbot monitors is for ONLINE SALES. we cannot buy ammo online in Alaska for the most part. Unless you are ordering it by the PALLETT or more it makes no economical sense. It HAS to go on the barge or HAS to be driven up which no one does in bulk ( thanks Canada!) and if it goes on the barge you will pay hazmat fees. In the end you will pay far more for shipping than the ammo costs. If we could order online there would be ZERO posts about there being no ammo.

I've had great luck at Three Bears in the valley. Other than 22lr I have been able to get almost everything I need over a few weeks.
    Walmart in wasilla even had a several cases of .223 on the shelf for about a week
    Since im pretty well stocked up, I thought I would share.

I don't know if your into reloading or not, but for me that is the to go. I know I'm stocked up on powder,bullets,cases and primers for all my rifles to last quite awhile now. Good luck finding what you need and don't count out those garage sales this summer.

There was .30-06 in stock at the Sportsman's in Anchorage this weekend. Not Core-Loct, but they had some. I've bought Federal plain blue box and Hornady SST Superformance in there within the past two months. And I have a day job so I'm not the one in line when they open. Not that it helps if it's not there when you get there.
    I think Mountain View had Federal Premium in stock a few weeks ago.
    Keep looking and good luck. I can't figure it out either, I'm just glad I can reload (until my powder runs out).

Quote Originally Posted by Berto View Post
    Your best bet is to trade things within this forum community. You may be able to get at least 40 rounds.....and that's all you need to sight in both a scope, iron sights, and have plenty left over to hunt with. Plenty of guys here with 30-06.

Hodge, if your ever in town, I got a brick of 22 lr your boy can have.

I'm seeing more ammo on shelves down here. Things are loosening up except .22lr., which is still being hoarded. Federal announced a few weeks ago they are cranking out .22's, 24/7. They did state they are donating 10,000,000 rounds to the Boy Scouts of America and another 10,000,000 to other youth shooting clubs. So kudos to them but let's stop the hoarding.

Wait until hunting season closes in, the frustration levels are going to skyrocket.

I have ammo for trade............... "NOT" for sale.

Was just an option SIR! Forgot ammo has hazmat fees when shipped to AK, as last summer we didn't have this buying ammo around Anchorage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    I wish you out of state people would stop posting that crap. All of the places gunbot monitors is for ONLINE SALES. we cannot buy ammo online in Alaska for the most part. Unless you are ordering it by the PALLETT or more it makes no economical sense. It HAS to go on the barge or HAS to be driven up which no one does in bulk ( thanks Canada!) and if it goes on the barge you will pay hazmat fees. In the end you will pay far more for shipping than the ammo costs. If we could order online there would be ZERO posts about there being no ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    I have ammo for trade............... "NOT" for sale.
    See new thread on Ammo Dump........http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...e-Not-for-sale

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    Ditto. Nothing says, "I'm not informed" more than posting a ammo ordering link on here.

Quote Originally Posted by PacWestFishTaxidermy View Post
    Ditto. Nothing says, "I'm not informed" more than posting a ammo ordering link on here.
    Heat taken. Thanks

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners!

Not too long ago several friends and friends of friends and friends of frie........you get the idea.......pooled together and bought a pallet load of ammo. The company shipped the ammo from the mid west to the barge dock in Seattle, no extra shipping charge. The shipping and hazmat charges from Seattle to Anchorage only added a few dollars per case because of the amount of ammo that they had shipped.

A single person could not afford to do that for a few cases but several people could.

It was a mixed bag of several different calibers including .22lr.

Quote Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
    Not too long ago several friends and friends of friends and friends of frie........you get the idea.......pooled together and bought a pallet load of ammo. The company shipped the ammo from the mid west to the barge dock in Seattle, no extra shipping charge. The shipping and hazmat charges from Seattle to Anchorage only added a few dollars per case because of the amount of ammo that they had shipped.

A single person could not afford to do that for a few cases but several people could.

It was a mixed bag of several different calibers including .22lr.

Pallet...............why don't we buy a 20' connex, gross it out with ammo and full the top half with Polystyrene & Mountain House Food........????

Just a heads up, I know your in anchorage Berto, but both three bears an SW in wasilla have 30.06. Express corelokts, federals,barnes vortex, Winchester, etc. they may not have had 180 gr though, I forgot to look. The Remington stuff was 22$ a box at SW.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast