Thread: Knik Launch Nails

Default Knik Launch Nails

My neighbor and board member "Reel Friend" headed to the Knik to test out our new 90hp jets, it was quite and adventure. Before the launch his son and I ran my huge magnet over the launch area. Knowing that some pallets had been burned there we saw some nails on the ground and found a bunch more!!

Thanks yukon, it's much appreciated! I was very lucky this spring not to pick up one of those daggers.

Mark

Wow!

Good job, neighbor. I would never imagine so many nails would be in such a place.

I would really hate to count how many are there. The picture really doens't do it justice. I will see if I can get a better picture today!

too bad fish didn't have any metal in 'em...you could really clean house with a magnet like that....lol..

Yea,
    Whatever happened to the good ole days when fish had mercury in them

Many thanks for all the hard work in cleaning up the launch, it is appreciated by all!!
    Last edited by BigBrown767; 05-15-2007 at 13:58. Reason: Early pull of trigger!

holy cow, that's a lot of nails, thanks

Default Nails

Do you believe these all came from pallets and burning, or do you think this was done intentional?
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

It looks like all pallet nails to me, they were pretty much all the "twisted" nail and we got almost all of them from the areas that were charred.

I was out there for the New Year and there were a bunch of lesbians ( yes I know I watched them kissing and feeling each other) and one guy with them, they brought out a bunch of pallets 8 or 10 from Anchorage and had fire works to shoot off.

I said something about the nails as I had cleaned the area last fall and burned all the trash so I knew that it needed to be cleaned this spring.

It is a shame that people don't care about the area and trash it like that.

Don't go into the woods crap paper everywhere. Can't pick the berries there.