Thread: Remington 721 replacement stock

Default Remington 721 replacement stock

So I have a 721 30-06 that has a cracked stock. I found a guy that is selling his stock for a 721 270 for $50 shipped. Wondering if it would be a direct replacement or if I would have to modify the stock. In trying to keep the gun original but not sure I like the idea of cracks in the stock.

Rather be Flying but I'm using Tapatalk

I've got a walnut stock for a 721 you can have for free. It is old but solid with no cracks. It has had some plugs put in where the sling mounts were but if you are at all handy with wood it can be cleaned up easily. It is still useable as it is, just not "pretty" at this point. I replaced it with a synthetic a friend gave me.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

A pic -

AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

The 270 will fit but plan on fine tuning and likely bedding any replacement you find. Also cross pins (hardwood or brass, aluminum, etc) epoxies in at weak spots like the recoil lug and trigger inletting is a good idea while your at it. You often see ebony for black or holly for white dots or fancy diamonds, those arenít just decorations they reinforce the weak spots with cross grain running opposite the stocks grain for the plywood effect.

Hard to beat free and muddís stock looks like a great starting point.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Mud, I would be more than will to take it off your hands. I will send you a PM.

Mud if you could PM me your info that would be awesome. It seems I can't PM, in guessing I haven't posted enough.

Yup, sent you an email.
    AKmud