Thread: Green Island Cabin Opening

Default Green Island Cabin Opening

I had to cancel our week out at the Green Island cabin in PWS, 5/31 - 6/7. So the cabin should have an opening now.

Doug

Is there a dock at this cabin? The website shows that it is wheel chair accessible.

Bulelkklr,

No dock. To access the boardwalk from the water, they have put down these fiberglass panels down to the low tide level. This provides a hard surface for a wheel chair wheels to roll on to get to the boardwalk.

Doug

How is the mooring there? I think that the reason pt chalmers is open a lot is the logistics of getting moored and then back to the cabin.

How is the mooring there?
    Bullelkklr,

The moorage/anchorage on the west side of the cabin is good. Good holding blue clay bottom, 15- 30' deep depending on the tide, and a short paddle to the boardwalk. The wind can get funnelled though the channels in the area but the fetch is not great so no waves build up. The biggest issue to this anchorage is a shoal at the entrance which I slow down for when crossing. I have crossed the shoal at low tide and never had a problem. It might be an issue for a sailboat with a keel. It is a good anchorage overall.

Doug