Thread: The wife out fished me

Default The wife out fished me

The wife wanted to go fishing for mothers day and she sure got a great gift! 205.5 lbs. I got a small one! I will never hear the end of it now. I told her this is the only big one she gets to keep. She has never got one over 10 lbs.
    We were fishing near Ketchikan, 320 feet, leadhead w/salmon belly. We got lots of bites before the big girl. Was a great day! Filling the freezer is of to a good start, since the venison is almost all gone.
    Take care
    Travis
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default hey that is fine

it will keep her interest in fishing and spending time on the boat. Nothing wrong with that. It alwasy happens like that when there is a female on the boat. That is why we leave my mom at home when hunting, so she don't get the bigger animal. This year she said she wants her bear. So will help her with that. Nice fish. By the way are those bullet hole by your davit on the back side of the hard top?

That is without a doubt one of the best fishing pictures I have ever seen. Hilarious! Thanks for sharing, man. I know how it feels, but in the end it's actually great to be outfished by the wife, the kids, whoever.

That is just classic! The same thing happened last year when I took the wife out of Seward, though her Halibut wasn't nearly as big as your wife's. Now it is kinda like a friendly competition thing goin' between us for our upcoming trip to Ninilchik this June. Gotta love them wives!

See! That's the reason I'm glad my wife gets seasick! Ok, partly kidding, but that kind of thing just has happened to me too much. It is a neat thing, but dang it's tough to live down sometimes. Nice fish, congrats.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Great mothers day gift.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Likes like....

... that big mamma fish ate all of your bait before she hit your wife's jig.

I don't know about the rest of you but I think she looks a little too "smug"!!

Good for her!! Did you take an "I suck" time-out after that?

Definitly good on her, but it looks like you will have a pretty good sandwich there.

It's ok if the wife catches bigger/more fish than you. Just as long as the meat goes into YOUR freezer!!

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Yes she is still happy as can be and rubbing it in as much as she can. A photo of her and the fish made the front page of the paper today.
    Need to go turn on the BBQ and grill some halibut.
    Travis

Thats awesome. Great pic. I would love it if my wife outfished me like that! She shot her first deer while I was on a remote assignment to Korea years ago and has been trying to outdo me ever since!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

LMAO
    that is a funny picture..
    congratulations

It is not how big the fish is that counts. It is how many day in your life that you spent fishing. God gives them free of charge and I am sure that your wife lets you go out when the weather is bad.

I can say this because my wife caught a 34 inch rainbow in a tiny little lake and let her go to lay her eggs, I still hear about the mother of all the rainbows, that was 22 years ago.

Be happy she catches big things, see caught you!

Cheers,

Wink Not Bullet holes...

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    it will keep her interest in fishing and spending time on the boat. Nothing wrong with that. It alwasy happens like that when there is a female on the boat. That is why we leave my mom at home when hunting, so she don't get the bigger animal. This year she said she wants her bear. So will help her with that. Nice fish. By the way are those bullet hole by your davit on the back side of the hard top?
    my guess is they are the stickers you can buy that sure pass pretty well for them, my hubby put a few on his old Mazda truck, they blended in well since it was a light silvery blue toned truck...but it could be real?? thats my educated guess anyhow