Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bear hunt dilemma....NO MORE!!

Default Bear hunt dilemma....NO MORE!!

Hate to open up old wounds but my "bear hunt dilemma" has been resolved. Going back and forth back and forth between my .30-06 and 7mm mag, I decided to go with the gun I'm more comfortable with and that's the 7mag and it did the trick!

Spotted this guy and put on the stalk. Got within about 300 yards, decided he was going to be taking a one way trip home with me and closed some more distance. Got within 200 yards, which I KNOW I'm good at. Settled down and got him in my sights. He was moving and by the time I was able to get a kill shot he was at 229. (I know some of you are probably going to snub your nose at this) Squeezed on off, immediately jacked one out and a new one back in, settled on him again to watch him do his last dance.

Dropped him off at my taxadermist to get rugged out and we measured him out. He squares at 6'2". Couldn't be happier with my first black bear.
    I've been chasing these guys through springs and falls now for two years and FINALLY brought one home with me!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369776189.951324.jpg

Nice big bear. Congratulations. A bit too much snow for 20B - did you go south to find him?
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

Yeah I took a venture out if Valdez with some buddies. Over 10 days we only saw 5 bears. We didn't see any bears until the last two days of the trip either... They're just starting to move around it seems. At least in the areas we were in.

Congrats and GOOD SHOOTIN'.....!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

nice work south paw

Congratulations harvesting your first bear. Now go get one with the 06 and compare the results

Its good to see some guys and gals start getting bears, congrats on your first bear!

Quote Originally Posted by jpost View Post
    Congratulations harvesting your first bear. Now go get one with the 06 and compare the results
    I'd like to get another one but I don't think my 06 could do much better! This bear dropped after about a 15 yard dash. Entrance hole was the size of a pen and exit, through opposite shoulder, was the size if a quarter.

I forgot to throw this in here. While going to get framed packs and skinning gear my buddy decided to combat boredom by building this up...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369848429.674478.jpg

Well done sir. Im jealous.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak_Predator View Post
    I'd like to get another one but I don't think my 06 could do much better! This bear dropped after about a 15 yard dash. Entrance hole was the size of a pen and exit, through opposite shoulder, was the size if a quarter.

I forgot to throw this in here. While going to get framed packs and skinning gear my buddy decided to combat boredom by building this up...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369848429.674478.jpg
    Come on, we know you didnt shoot this bear. That snowman was the cuplrate!! JK, good job. 7mm is a great gun, but the 06 is a beauty.
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Nice Job,....an excellent choice, Good stalking, Shooting,....Man, that rifle did it's job for ya,...perfect

in my opinion, anyone who has anything to snub at you for that,....should just,..............(well I won't say it,...)

Don't listen too hard, to the WWW Experts,...they're often,...........(well I better not say that either,...)

Your other thread was a great one tho,...this,...is the perfect closing out of all that

Six feet my ass! That bear doesn't look as long as the rifle. Did you use a towel to wipe the milk from its mouth? Congrats, you did get a bear, but it's not a six footer.

Quote Originally Posted by lyjhra View Post
    Six feet my ass! That bear doesn't look as long as the rifle. Did you use a towel to wipe the milk from its mouth? Congrats, you did get a bear, but it's not a six footer.
    Wow...that's a helluva first post. You must have been there with your measuring tape? Looks like an easy 6 footer to me.

Nice bear Ak Predator.
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post
    Wow...that's a helluva first post. You must have been there with your measuring tape? Looks like an easy 6 footer to me.

Nice bear Ak Predator.
    Especially considering they've been a member since '09

Awesome bear!

I have to agree, it's not a 6'er, its a 6'2"er. Jack(---)
    Grab a friend, a rifle and go hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak_Predator View Post
    I forgot to throw this in here.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369848429.674478.jpg
    Is that Frostbitten on the left there???
    "Grin and Bear It"

Quote Originally Posted by Tearbear View Post

Nice bear Ak Predator.
    can we make it his last post?

I believe the snow man got him, snowmen are stealthy. Great bear, and snow shooter.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Ahahahahaha

To be honest, I was surprised myself. It squared at 6'2" with a 17.5" skull. Anyone wants to question it's size can PM me and we can meet up in Fairbanks with a tape or I can give you the number to the reputable Taxadermist I use.

Sound kind of ridiculous and a waste of time just to prove a point? Yeah, just like this jackass' post.

Also I'm pretty sure I've got an idea of the culprit behind the post, a low life scumbag who's a little jealous...

Regardless, thanks to everyone else's light heartedness....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast