Thread: Not a good sign

Default Not a good sign

When the AST Chopper lands a the rafting take-out on 6-mile creek. Pray everyone is safe.

Yep. And by the time they get there, whatever is going to happen probably has happened already. Please keep us informed!

Prayers for anyone involved...

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Hey -- WHATS UP!! Know Chuck or Jay would NEVER let this happen. Private boaters?? SIX MILE is one on the spookiest rivers I have done all over the world-- SHE goes up and down quick!! Much like my first wife!!
    Hope every one is safe!! My prayers to all!!
    Goo

Just talked to Jay, he just got off the river & all is well with his team. The Chopper departed slowly, and the Ambulance departed slowly. Jay is going to call the local Fire Dept./Ambulance and get back to me. The Chopper was here for an hour plus.

LINK to what happened.

"An English mountaineer who stood atop Mount McKinley only days ago is dead as the result of an accident during a weekend rafting trip on the Kenai Peninsula's Six Mile Creek."

(It was a NOVA client)
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    LINK to what happened.

"An English mountaineer who stood atop Mount McKinley only days ago is dead as the result of an accident during a weekend rafting trip on the Kenai Peninsula's Six Mile Creek."

(It was a NOVA client)

Sad, Very, Very Sad........Condolences to his Family, Friends and everyone at NOVA. This weekend was the opening of the season for the local rafting companies.

May he rest in peace!

SO-SORRY I was praying for a different ending-- Brings back too many memories from years gone by -
    My thoughts to all. Am sure NOVA did every thing they could!! It is the "nature of the beast"
    Tall mountains and hair water-- The EDGE is ever so close. But for some reason so full filling.

Just some reflections-

Safe boating,

Goo

Wow, so sorry for the family and friends and especially the guides. What a hard situation to deal with.

Very sad for all involved. NOVA and Chugach Outdoor Center are both top notch companies. From my one trip with NOVA safety from the company, the guides, the safety boat nearby, and set safety on the shore were #1 priorities from what I saw......not just a line in the brochure.

I guess sometimes the line between the thrill we love and disaster is just a razor thin margin.