Thread: Sportsmans to Jims and Mods please help

Default Sportsmans to Jims and Mods please help

Did sportsmans to jims this weekend. Water was low but got my grandson on the water for the first time. The reason Im posting is there is a nasty sweeper on one of the back channels that a few people like to take. The entrance to the channel is directly across from the glory hole bar. It is the same channel that had a sweeper in it a few years ago and ate up a drifter and come rubber boats. The sweeper is a big cottonwood at the exit. I am posting the picture Powerline is fine. Back channel of 57 is fine. Did not do rainbow alley. Entrance is tight tight right now and there is no water over the top of the bar at last chance. Did not feel like walking up the drifter or messing around since I had the wife, Daughter, Son in law and grandson. This channel where the sweeper is, is the same one the boys from Ak Raft and Kayak went into a few years ago and cut out the old sweeper. Mods can you post this in the rafting and other proper places. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Did sportsmans to jims this weekend. Water was low but got my grandson on the water for the first time. The reason Im posting is there is a nasty sweeper on one of the back channels that a few people like to take. The entrance to the channel is directly across from the glory hole bar. It is the same channel that had a sweeper in it a few years ago and ate up a drifter and come rubber boats. The sweeper is a big cottonwood at the exit. I am posting the picture Powerline is fine. Back channel of 57 is fine. Did not do rainbow alley. Entrance is tight tight right now and there is no water over the top of the bar at last chance. Did not feel like walking up the drifter or messing around since I had the wife, Daughter, Son in law and grandson. This channel where the sweeper is, is the same one the boys from Ak Raft and Kayak went into a few years ago and cut out the old sweeper. Mods can you post this in the rafting and other proper places. Thanks
    Thanks, Chuck. Yeah, I was there when that other one was removed. It was a big-un. This one is going to be a real problem, I can see. Hard to get in there now, with the deep water and all.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay