Thread: 375 Ruger Optics

Default 375 Ruger Optics

I recently purchased a 375 Ruger, and I am curious as to what scope others have put on theirs. I am looking at the Leupold 2.5-8x36, have one on my 300 Win Mag and it has been a good scope.

I put the Leupold 2-7 VX-R on my Lefty M77 Hawkeye .375 Ruger. I love it, Firedot reticle, 30MM tube, Haevy Duplex. Will focus well for up close and the dot helps, yet the 7X lets me get out there a bit which the rifle is obviously capable of. It is a new rifle and not been on a hunt yet, but I have complete confidence with the set up.

I run a Leupold 1.5 -5 on my .375 as it is primarily a bear/dangerous game rifle for me and that scope gives you about twice the field of view of a 2.5 (66 ft vs 37) and I personally like the look as well especially with QD rings.... I think that you cannot go wrong with any variable 3 and under. Congrats on your new rifle...

Since the .375 Ruger is no lightweight rifle, don't treat it like one. I'd go with a full 30mm tubed scope in either a 1.5-6 power, or better yet, a 1-4 power straight tube.

30 mm tubed scopes give massive field of view. I pulled up a 30 mm tubed scope set on four power, made a 170 yd. running shot through the heart of a caribou. Never had trouble finding the animal with all that extra field of view. On 1-1.5 power up close.......still a notable advantage in field of view over a 1" tubed scope.

I have a Leupold VX-7 1.5-6X24 on my Alaskan, I like it a lot. The field of view is excellent, the glass is excellent.

If I could do it all over again I would consider the 2.5-8X36 that you mentioned. The VX-7 was fairly high priced at the time and the scope you mentioned has a good enough low end power for a DG scope and more top end power for a bit more precision at range and it's offered at a lower price.

The pic is the Alaskan and the VX-7 glass. This was a promo picture when the rifle first came out.

1491.jpg

I've used a 1.75-5x Burris, a 4x Leupold and a 2.5x Leupold on my Alaskan...all with good results.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Zeiss HT 2.5-10x50 #6. Totally awesome.

Thanks for all of the inputs. I think I will stick with the 1" tube, this rifle doesn't kick as hard as my Ruger in 300 Win Mag, and the 2.5-8x36 has held up very well on it. I am looking at the 1.75 lower end for the better field of view, tough decision.

I was in the same situation a year ago. I was torn between the 2.5 -8 (actual 2.6-7.8) and the 1.75-6 (actual 1.9-5.5) VX3's. I ended up putting the 1.75-6 on my 375 Ruger and the 2.5-8 on my 7mm-08, been very happy with both...