Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brutus/Ace Line Hauler owners seen this yet?

Default Brutus/Ace Line Hauler owners seen this yet?

http://www.handsfreeprawnpuller.com
    Stumbled onto this on crairslist. Check out the video.
    Any reviews?

could it be any slower ???

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Looks like a slick setup. I love my Ace puller, and while I don't mind guiding & coiling the line, the hands-free aspect is pretty appealing. I notice in the video they're pulling just a single pot; wonder how it would do with 2 or 3? At about US$75 the price isn't bad. Wonder if B&J or Marita or anywhere else that sells Brutus is carrying these yet?

P.S. Notice in the video the guy who plants his foot smack in the middle of the coil just as he's dropping the pot. Don't they watch Deadliest Catch? Always *slide* your feet when the pots are moving, never *step*!!
    "Money may not buy you happiness, but it will buy you a big enough boat that you can get close enough for a look."

I have one , my buddy has one. They pull and coil just like in the video. Its not always you get something that works like it says. Slower than some of the more powerful pullers, but not all of us are commercial fisherman. I only make 2-3 trips a year and the ace works good for me. I bought mine when they only had a single pulley on the bottom. They sent me a double pulley for an upgrade for free, so I have had mine for 10 years or so. Probably got my moneys worth. And we always pull 2,2 and 1.

Tomfishhunter, would you say that the hands-free model pulls at the same speed as the manual-assist Ace puller? On my puller, the speed of retrieve is governed by the RPM of the sheave, assuming no line slippage. So it only pulls as fast as the line comes over the pulley. Is the hands-free retrieve speed the same? Thanks.
    "Money may not buy you happiness, but it will buy you a big enough boat that you can get close enough for a look."

SteveKL,
    I have the no-hands setup and used it last week in PWS. I worked it pretty hard for five days and it worked just like advertised. It's seems like it is a little faster. Just thread your line, turn it on and stand back till your pot surfaces...Nice.

I wish they would make one for a Safe-T-Puller... I hate coiling line.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post

That's why I use teenage deck hands!!!
    It's better to burn out than fade away.....

Quote Originally Posted by AK Fishkiller View Post
    That's why I use teenage deck hands!!!
    My 7 year old does okay, but he is slower than the puller, the 9 year old is not much better, few more years and I will not worry about it.. then I can just drive the boat and relax and let them do the work for while..

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

3 words "braided sink rope" and a lot of your problems go away.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    3 words "braided sink rope" and a lot of your problems go away.
    Getting some of that from you has been on my list for a while, just need to do it.

How are the line bags coming along?

Sent from my phone while I should be working.

Getting some of that from you has been on my list for a while, just need to do it.

How are the line bags coming along?

Sent from my phone while I should be working.
    more braid is on its way, the line bags are in limbo, fabricator sort of dropped the bag(lol) on them so i've got to regroup and as usual do all the material sourcing & work by myself !!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

Sounds like I need to add one of these hands-free adapters to my wish list. I expect my family and friends [those pulling the pots] would be grateful since I'm normally at the helm. I love my Ace and for my smaller boat/application [all singles] I feel it's the perfect combination. Looks like after adding in shipping it's $96.45.

could it be any slower ???
    Life's to short to wait on that thing!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKluvr95 View Post
    Sounds like I need to add one of these hands-free adapters to my wish list. I expect my family and friends [those pulling the pots] would be grateful since I'm normally at the helm. I love my Ace and for my smaller boat/application [all singles] I feel it's the perfect combination. Looks like after adding in shipping it's $96.45.
    600 for a ace plus another hunny for the o ring/rubber band update and you half way to a ED !!

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

I hear ya Steve. I beleive in the ED but really don't need that capability on my small boat. A couple more feet and I'd be a proud member of the ED club as I recognize the quality and capability it provides. With my extended hardtop on the 24-footer my fish deck is really small.

Back to the OP for a second because I have another question.
    As folks have reported...the dualler plates seem to work as advertised. Does anyone have any first hand reviews of the Bulldog on Ace's site?
    http://www.acelinehauler.com/bulldog.htm

600 for a ace plus another hunny for the o ring/rubber band update and you half way to a ED !!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I hear ya Steve. I beleive in the ED but really don't need that capability on my small boat. A couple more feet and I'd be a proud member of the ED club as I recognize the quality and capability it provides. With my extended hardtop on the 24-footer my fish deck is really small.

Back to the OP for a second because I have another question.
    As folks have reported...the dualler plates seem to work as advertised. Does anyone have any first hand reviews of the Bulldog on Ace's site?
    http://www.acelinehauler.com/bulldog.htm
    Yeah, it works like a champ!!!!

Did you order on line or purchase local? I see it's a little less expensive...

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    Yeah, it works like a champ!!!!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Did you order on line or purchase local? I see it's a little less expensive...
    Called Ace directly and ordered it over the phone, was able to make a deal on shipping cost by talking with them directly.

Bought mine at Dewey's. I was very pleased how well it worked. I put a short bungee on the handle to hold the pressure on, as mine slipped a little when pulling 2 pots at a time. It pulled one pot without the bungee. I wish I could say the pots were too heavy with shrimp, but can't. I would buy it again if I had to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast