Thread: Towed in from main bay

Default Towed in from main bay

My 2009 Suzuki 175 with 150 hours crapped the bed on Thursday out at main bay. Used the kicker to get into the pass and anchor for the night. Luckily I had a buddy in whittier with a 37 ft tolly craft and he towed us back. I had a float plan setup with the harbor master in whittier and was able to call the coast guard and let them know what was going on. It sounded like a cylinder wanted to come out, it was knocking pretty hard. It won't get any wrenches on it for about 2 weeks. Anyone else have bad luck with these motors?

What kind of boat were you in? I think we saw you getting towed in on Friday just about 4 miles outside of the harbor at around 10:30AM. My buddy and I were on 2 waverunners headed out. It looked like you were a C-dory. Was that you?

That really sucks. I've been in your shoes before. Didn't you just buy that boat? Hope ya get her fixed up soon.

907pride. I saw you guys getting ready to launch. I was thinking crazy guys, but jealous at the same time... I bet that ride was fun.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Ya just got it a few months ago, yup that was us 22 foot seas port, the Down Eastah

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    907pride. I saw you guys getting ready to launch. I was thinking crazy guys, but jealous at the same time... I bet that ride was fun.
    Yup, it was a fun ride. We ran to Valdez, ate a pizza at Mike's and then ran back.

That sucks man....you would think an outboard with that low of hours would run flawlessly for years!!
    It's better to burn out than fade away.....

Quote Originally Posted by 907pride View Post
    My buddy and I were on 2 waverunners headed out. It looked like you were a C-dory. Was that you?
    Were those your wave runners with the added lights on the front? I saw them sitting on the truck Saturday when I came in.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Nope. Those are allot nicer than mine. Those were some pretty sweet Hondas. Mine are yamahas.

I don't know about that fella with the tolly trouble written all over him.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.--Benjamin Franklin

Well 3 weeks later and a new set of gears and a new bearing the DownEastah is back to cruising the big water.