Thread: ???? Highest B.C. "Factory Loaded" cartridge .300 RUM ????

Default ???? Highest B.C. "Factory Loaded" cartridge .300 RUM ????

NOT interested in Reloading......Ben'there, Don'That.

Factory Ammo only what cartridge has the highest Ballistic Coefficient bullet.........in the .300 RUM ?????

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post

Factory Ammo only what cartridge has the highest Ballistic Coefficient bullet.........in the .300 RUM ?????
    You silly goose that would be hms loaded with a Berger bullet I think sportsman had some it was the 210gr stuff...

Yep, HMS with the Bergers. But if you want bonded then I think the Federal Premium with Nosler Accubonds.
    "Beware the man with only one gun; he may know how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    Yep, HMS with the Bergers. But if you want bonded then I think the Federal Premium with Nosler Accubonds.

Does NOT need to be Bonded. It is for an Overwatch team securing the Canyon Creek Bridge in a Novel.

From HSM: BER-300RUM210VLD This is the RUM with the 210 grain Berger VLD with a G1 BC of 0.631 or G7 BC of 0.323.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Does NOT need to be Bonded. It is for an Overwatch team securing the Canyon Creek Bridge in a Novel.

Since it's fiction build a custom long range rifle and use the HSM 300EOL. That ammo is designed to be loaded in McMillan 300RUM rifles that utilize a special reamed chamber to allow the 230gr Berger to kiss the lands and feed from the longer magazine box in the EOL series of rifles.

This load has the highest BC in a 30 caliber bullet that you can buy. It's .743

https://store.extremeouterlimitstv.c...product_id=152

http://www.mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-...eme-denali.php

[QUOTE=marshall;1287584]Since it's fiction build a custom long range rifle and use the HSM 300EOL.

Well these are poor "Hope Security Corporation" employees, they can't afford custom rifles. They offer safe passage through Turnagain and Summit Lake Pass for a fee. All fees are collected at Canyon Creek bridge. The Evil Anchorage Militia controls north of Ingram Creek. They want the Canyon Creek bridge, but they are low on food and ammo. We warned them back in April & May 2013.......but they said they would wait for the price to drop on ammo, and the stores will always have food. They won't make it through the winter.

....They won't make it through the winter.
    I heard they had drones...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I heard they had drones...
    NO Drones.....after the 12X Solar Flare.......everything is toast. Their forward scouts (at Ingram Creek) are eating muskrats, and Pink Salmon "RAW". They are very sick and can't get back past the rock slides at mile 111 about 9 miles south of potters marsh. They tried to get to Whitter but the locals plugged the tunnel to keep the starving Anchorage people out.

Unfortunately the Birchwood Volunteer Airforce bombed everyone into submission since their 1940's technology airplanes flew just fine after the solar flare......
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

****, I was in Anchorage yesterday with nothing to do. I ended up out at Kincaid Park watching a motocross race to kill time. If I knew good people needed some help I would have brought up the TAC 338 Lapua loaded with 300gr Berger Hybrid's and cleaned out a corridor for you.

I can't wait to read the book. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Unfortunately the Birchwood Volunteer Airforce bombed everyone into submission since their 1940's technology airplanes flew just fine after the solar flare......

WELL.......that was their plan, however with in hours the looters had drained from all fuel tanks, with no electric there was do more fuel being pumped. Fuel like food was the difference between death in weeks and being able to stay alive for 60 days. Fuel was being used to burn people with guns, ammo and food from their homes but neighbors who would have never considered doing such a thing till half of their children had died of starvation.