Thread: Another big thanks

Default Another big thanks

Lefties will appreciate( well understand) this. So started out by drawing an unexpected sheep tag so came to a crossroad of what gun to take.... Sooo long story short I decided to restock my ole safe queen in the 300 weatherby variety.. So I make a few calls and find out the lag time to get a new stock can take 16 weeks for a leftie ... Are you kiddin... So searched and came up with a used ultralight weight weatherby stock but had to get it cut to match my barrel contour and such. Got the stock for a dirt cheap price and seen someone who obviously know very little of what they were doing put a bunch of bedding in it... Well gave ole AD Fields On here a shout and see if he was up to the challenge... Low and behold he was and like before he really took care of me and did a great job to say the least and saved my pretty wood weatherby stock from having to take a trip in the mountains.. To many times on these forums we only get to read horror stories so i never mind taking the tome to share my experience with a great gunsmith who really does great work. When you see his some of his posts give him some rep... Better yet give him your business...

Excellent post Bear...as a fellow south-paw, good news for us is always welcomed in my camp. Like you, I have come to greatly appreciate Andy's presence and contributions on this forum. He surely deserves your praise.

Never hear a complaint against Andy.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Thanks Bear, glad ya like it. Was a booger to get all that old nasty bedding that nothing would stick too out but once I did it bedded up great. Now it is just begging to have some real cool pattern dipped onto it. Now with the beautiful wood you have dress blues and fatigues for that 300 . . . Ya can take it anyplace.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Congrats on the sheep tag and the nice rifle. That should make a great sheep rifle... Can't wait for the story and pictures!

Looks good. What tag you draw and what bullet you going to use?

Matt my tag is in unit 14... I have about 100 or so 200grain noslers partitions loaded up so I am hoping they group as good with the new stock. Andy did take the time to make the pressure pad identical to what it was on my wood stock.. If I change I will be checking out those new 210 noslers that are supposed to be great.. I am usually a barnes guy but the noslers shot so good out of the gate there was no need to try them....

Andy I have already been looking at some patterns...thinking about a snow camo or something...
    gotta get some leupolds QD bases to put on my swaro scope so I can get it to the range

Have you looked into the Talley rings? Much lighter and a one-piece unit compared to the Leupold's.

I would also try the 200gr accubonds they have a bc of .577 or the 190gr Hornady btsp with a bc of .491. I'm a partition guy too but they are not a long range bullet...

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I would also try the 200gr accubonds they have a bc of .577 or the 190gr Hornady btsp with a bc of .491. I'm a partition guy too but they are not a long range bullet...
    Had my hands on a box of those .. I will try them out for sure. Appreciate the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Have you looked into the Talley rings? Much lighter and a one-piece unit compared to the Leupold's.
    I'll second the Talley's and congrat's on the tag. I'm guessing good Karma.