Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Christian Bowhunter's Club in the Valley

Default New Christian Bowhunter's Club in the Valley

I have noticed recently an interest on the forum for starting or joining an archery club here in the valley. A friend of mine in the Palmer-Wasilla area recently started a new chapter of the Christian Bowhunter's of America http://www.christianbowhunters.org
    and he asked me if would help him get it started. The new local chapter will be called the Valley Pathfinders. There is contact info on the Christian Bowhunter's Website above. I thought that I would let you all know about it and if anyone is interested in possibly joining and becoming a member, or perhaps just coming to some of our events I can place you on an email list. Send me a private message with your email if you are interested. Right now we are just in the beginning stages and planning the logistics for the club. We had our first meeting a couple of weeks ago and we are hoping to get it started this summer. Eventually we are planning on hosting local 3-d shoots, banquets, small game hunts, possibly bowfishing for pike, camp outs etc. I would like to say that even though it is technically a Christian club, you don't have to be a Christian to come to our events. We would like our events to be open to all the public. Of course, we encourage our fellow Christian brothers and sisters to join the club. It will be a great opportunity for fellowship, but certainly anyone is welcome to join or attend our events.

I am extremely to hear this! I have researched the Christian Bowhunter's Club in the past and was hoping to find a club some time in the future. Hopefully I get this job and we dont have to move back to Oklahoma!

Are you guys bow hunting Christians? Is that legal? Is there a season? Bag limit?

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Are you guys bow hunting Christians? Is that legal? Is there a season? Bag limit?
    LOL! You are thinking of Iran. They started that club a long time ago.

Very cool Jack and I for one would happily attend any events you and the Christian club would host. Good clubs are hard to find indeed and there are a few things that are in the works that will be sure to benefit all archers in the valley and surrounding area that I will gladly share before too long.. All the best to you Jack..

I understand your animosity towards Christians Lujons. And believe me, you are not alone. As 907pride pointed out, many Christians are killed for their faith all over the world. But not all Christians are hypocritical and self-righteous. Actually the whole idea of this club is the complete opposite of that. Instead of being a judgmental and exclusive club, we would like to extend an open invitation to all.

I didn't mean any disrespect. I think it's awesome that you guys are starting a Christian bow club.

Actually I need to be getting ready for church right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 907pride View Post
    I didn't mean any disrespect. I think it's awesome that you guys are starting a Christian bow club.

Actually I need to be getting ready for church right now.
    I don't think you were being disrespectful at all 907pride. Actually, I thought what you said was quite accurate. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands of Christians being killed in Iran for their faith.

Angry Bad form . . .

Attachment 70974

Here you go . . open season . . hunt to your heart's content:

http://www.persecution.org/

http://www.opendoorsusa.org/

http://www.persecution.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    There are probably hundreds, if not thousands of [insert belief system here] being killed in [insert geographic area] for their faith.
    Fixed it for ya. Always lots of killing being done in the name of religion. I've got no use for it.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Oh geez, fellas... I'm fairly certain that LuJon wasn't expressing any animosity or anything else of the sort. The phrasing of the term "Christian Bowhunter's Club" can be interpreted in a humorous way, which Jon pointed out in a lighthearted way. A "Duck Hunter's Club" would be understood as a group of hunters who hunt ducks, hence where the joke came from. I'm a Christian, I read that and chuckled, then went on to the next thread.

Seriously guys, if this is what we're going to take offense at, perhaps it's time to disconnect for a while and get into the woods.

Thumbs down Very, very touchy subject . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Oh geez, fellas... I'm fairly certain that LuJon wasn't expressing any animosity . .

Thanks for that opinion, Brian, but mightn't it be better to let the fellow speak for himself? If he meant nothing hostile, all he needs do is say so.

Humor? Maybe.

At whose expense?

Marcus and Tioga - If you're not interested in joining the club, why are you commenting in this thread? Stop picking fights.

Good luck with your new club Jack!

sent from my igloo

Well, I just got back from church. haha. I actually would be interested in checking out the club. I'll probably get ahold of you guys when I figure out my work schedule.

Thanks for the post Bushwack.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Marcus - If you're not interested in joining the club, why are you commenting in this thread?

Thanks for asking, cowboy.

I'm simply taking exception to humor at the expense of religious conviction.

Death by arrows has a long history in Christian history.

Attachment 70975

Quote Originally Posted by ak_cowboy View Post
    Marcus and Tioga - If you're not interested in joining the club, why are you commenting in this thread? Stop picking fights.
    Actually, cowboy, I'm NOT picking a fight, not in the name of religion nor otherwise, and that was the point of my post. Think about it.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Beat me to it!!!

I wonder if they'd be considered an invasive species in the regs?
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Attachment 70974

Here you go . . open season . . hunt to your heart's content:

http://www.persecution.org/

http://www.opendoorsusa.org/

http://www.persecution.com/

Wow. Powerful video Marcus. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Oh geez, fellas... I'm fairly certain that LuJon wasn't expressing any animosity or anything else of the sort.
    Sorry Brian. My intention was never to stir up the pot. I was merely trying to tell Lujon I can understand that point of view. In fact, I used to hate Christians myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 907pride View Post
    Well, I just got back from church. haha. I actually would be interested in checking out the club. I'll probably get ahold of you guys when I figure out my work schedule.

Thanks for the post Bushwack.
    Sounds good 907pride. Looking forward to it. And as I said before. As soon as I know more I'll let every one else know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Sorry Brian. My intention was never to stir up the pot. I was merely trying to tell Lujon I can understand that point of view. In fact, I used to hate Christians myself.
    I didn't think you were stirring the pot. My point is that I am fairly certain that Jon doesn't hate Christians and wasn't flinging any arrows there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
    Thanks for that opinion, Brian, but mightn't it be better to let the fellow speak for himself? If he meant nothing hostile, all he needs do is say so.
    Perhaps, Marcus. In addition to letting him speak for himself, perhaps it might be better to ask him what he meant rather than assuming it was said with ill intent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast