Thread: New Bow

Default New Bow

I'm looking at getting a new bow - Been a while since I've done archery - Looking at either PSE or Hoyt - What would be a good bow from those 2 brands?

Quote Originally Posted by OneLunG View Post
    I'm looking at getting a new bow - Been a while since I've done archery - Looking at either PSE or Hoyt - What would be a good bow from those 2 brands?

Onelung,
    No hard feeling on the 300 RUM thread, I might be able to help you out on this one. I hang out on www.bowsite.com most often. They just did a test on these bows you decide for your self. Iíve shot the Hoyt Vetrix itís a quite, shock free bow. The PSE X force is a speed demon that is quiet.

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/featu...007headtohead/

Default Bows

You are going to have to find out for yourself. I have been shooting hoyt since I was a boy so I have a bias. I haven't had trouble with any of my bows. I hear good things on some of the new PSE. I'm sure both brands have diffrent models to fit your needs. I suggest finding someone who has each of the bows you like and ask to shoot them. Most people will not mind at all. You have to feel it to be the judge.

Default PSE

I just picked up a new PSE bow last year, the Thunderbolt. I like it a lot. Do your homework! With the internet, there's an unlimited supply of websites to help you size your bow, what options you want, etc. Good luck!

Default Pro Shop

My recomendation would be whatever feels the best to you. Speed is nice but don't be fooled with what they say for speed. That is based on specific arrow length, weight, points etc... Whatever you do spend the extra to get one from a pro shop, trust me it will pay off for you in the end with the extra help you will get from them (if they are a good shop that is). I shoot a bowtech and have had no problems with it at all. My target bow is a hoyt.