Thread: Species specific threads, mods

Default Species specific threads, mods

Moderators, Has there ever been thought of breaking the hunting forum into species specific threads? I may be completely alone in this but I think it could be good. : )

Actually, we've been getting a fair bit of heat lately for having too many subforums. We could generate tags to make threads species specific, but we're not likely to break the hunting forum into species-specific subforums. As an aside, a lot of hunting threads are applicable to multiple species.

I think what would make some of this better would be a better search function for the forum and for all of US to do a better job with tags and keywords on posts and replies. Including the species, hunt numbers, etc. makes searches much easier.

And then you get tripped up when someone spells something wrong (which means it doesn't turn up in a search).

And I agree, we already have too many forums. Breaking out another dozen or more would be way too much.

I hear what you guys are saying, and can understand to some extent. But it sure would be nice to peruse through a thread specific to one species and not have to wade through all the other threads in the "alaska hunting" thread. Of course I realize you can search whatever you're looking for, but sometimes you don't really know what it is your searching for and may never get to a good post as you are bogged down with all the others.

I also think sometimes there are too many subforums. sometimes when you address the hunting forum with a "hunting" equipment question it gets sent over to the gear forum. My problem is not near as many people use the gear forum so it usually cuts your responses down and you'are not hitting the target audience. with this partucular request breaking the hunting up into specific species i probably would seldm visit all the different species but if they are all clumped together i would check out all the different hunting stories (if that makes sense). I'm not going to seek out sheep hunting stories but i will sure read them if they are in front of me type of thing.

I'm too much of an opportunistic generalist... I carry tags for multiple species and will happily take any of them if the right opportunity comes about. So much hunting information can be applied across multiple species that I'm not sure of the value of splitting them up.

Kinda voting for leaving it as is...we've already spread the categories out.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

If they made bear stands and baiting forum just bear hunting forum I would spend more time there..I can see a bear forum,deer moose caribou forum and a goat sheep ox elk forum
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you