Thread: Are the hard copy permits out now?

Default Are the hard copy permits out now?

Been gone from my house for two months working. Has Fish and Game sent out the hard copies of the drawing permits yet?
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Been gone from my house for two months working. Has Fish and Game sent out the hard copies of the drawing permits yet?
    That may depend on the hunt you are getting a permit for. They typically wait until a few weeks out from the start of a particular hunt to reduce the instances of people losing them in the meantime. If a hunt opens earlier in the year, they will likely send out the permits for that before other, later season hunts. I wouldn't expect to see permits for the normal fall hunt season until mid to late July.

Has anyone got wind if they are going to combine the Unit 13 Caribou tag again?

Quote Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
    Has anyone got wind if they are going to combine the Unit 13 Caribou tag again?
    They wouldn't announce a decision like that until they get a handle on calf numbers, and the calving period is just starting. I doubt they will since there is such a large number of Tier I permittees this year, but stranger things have happened.

I agree with Brian. I would be really surprised if they combined the units like last year. That was essentially an emergency change when they found they needed a lot more animals killed. Combining them causes a lot of issues with too heavy of pressure on a few specific areas rather than spreading people out. I think they had a better idea of what to expect this year after last year and gave out enough permits to account for it.

I'm going to guess that hard copies won't come out until after the new regulatory year starts..............which is July 1!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!