Thread: Deshka Landing

Thumbs up Deshka Landing

Went out last night. Lots of open water with ice on the banks and tumbling down river.....IMG_20130522_203837_359.jpgIMG_20130522_203843_779.jpg
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow

Still jammed tight at Su station and below that. Will have a pilot report again in the afternoon!

Quote Originally Posted by alexander View Post
    Still jammed tight at Su station and below that. Will have a pilot report again in the afternoon!
    Sounds like I need to open the throttle more once I get below the Su Station
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

can a person get to the Yetna for holigen looking at trying Sunday or Monday
    Is it opening day of duck season yet
    Member of Alaska Waterfowl Association

Maybe by Sunday, Remember there is still a lot of ice to come down the Big Su. Friend of mine sent a picture from his cabin above Talkeetna at Curry and it is still locked tight and looks like the middle of winter!

Received a pilot report and it is still jammed hard down here. The pilot said the ice at Su station is original ice that has not moved. Can tell it is jamming more because the West channel here at Alexander has quit flowing! Gonna pay attention now so I get a chance to see all the ice and Water coming our way soon!

I,m watching!! Ready to go.Think we can make Sat To My Place? That would be a sight to see, I,m glad my boat isn,t tied to bank there right now.Whew.The power of all that ice is unbelievable. Thanks for the update, keep them coming

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    I,m watching!! Ready to go.Think we can make Sat To My Place? That would be a sight to see, I,m glad my boat isn,t tied to bank there right now.Whew.The power of all that ice is unbelievable. Thanks for the update, keep them coming
    Chris and Tracy just below Su Station said the ice is moving now but I know there is another huge jam by five fingers. I see the water is rising here in the creek so something is happening! Saturday might be a bit early. I will call Chris this afternoon and see what the river is doing later.

Did they say if they could get to there Place ? I am headed up Sat. I guess we will see. Everybody, have a good Memorial weekend

Susitna is open, airboat came in today and then fish and game got here to slay a bunch of pike. West channel is un-doable but the east channel to Dynomite slough is. My pilot says the East channel is low with a lot of ice but doable. I think there is a lot of ice way north cuz the water in untypically low. You can make to your place no problem SusinaAK! Have fun!

Outstanding! Thanks for the update.

Headed out the door. Looks like the landing is in good shape too, see you all out there
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Deshk...g/211295875994

Last night at Susitna Landing massive pans of ice were moving down river. A few bank to bank pans too. Good luck out there.

Water came up a foot or two at Susitna Landing, now there is a lot of ice moving down.

Default Sun

Just Got back as you can see still lots of Ice/sticks coming down river. The water most clear real early in morning 6am -10 am as the sun came out water went up and brought more down with it. It was Nice out wonderful sun set1st Trip Boat memorial day 2013 070 (Small).jpg

Susitna Landing cleared up nicely this evening. Had to keep the eyes peeled for ice, other than that a lot of debry floating down river. We were told there was still a couple of jams upriver.

lots of intermittent ice flows coming down. We went down to the Rolly Creek cabin yesterday...good boating if you were paying attention...We watched massive ice flows come down river followed by relatively open water, then more flotillas..... Coming back upriver today was fairly sporty. Tons of ice and debris.... Three cheers for the stompgrate....

kevin
    Last edited by keh; 05-27-2013 at 23:41. Reason: spellcheck
    2002 Wooldridge Sport 2000, 21', 350 Kodiak Jet, "CindyLou"
    26' Olympic Sport Sedan, 5.7 Volvo, 280 Volvo, getting there, "CindyLouTwo"
    20' Alumatech Airboat
    EagleQuest Cabins and Lodge--Willow