Thread: 3 stage kodiak

Question 3 stage kodiak

just rebuilt my 3 stage jet. it was fairly easy to do. But when I got it all together and spun the shaft by hand the impeller closest to the bow was dragging a little on the wear ring. The wear ring was a sunofagun to get in there. it is making contact right where the wear ring butts together. i filed it down a hare but it still has a slight rub. going to try to test it at the dock this weekend. think this cause any problems? im hoping an easy break in will do the trick? lol dont want to blow this thing up its a $2500 rebuild or ruin my new $600 each stainless impellers.

I would check with the guys down at professional marine about that. They are off of potter. Did you replace your cutlass bearing etc at the same time? If not, maybe the tolerences are out a little. When I replace my wear ring on my 212, I had the impeller matched with the wear ring.

Default yea

replaced the impellers wear rings cutlass bearings insulator sleaves and the the front seal and the races for the cutlass bearings.