Thread: Paxson Lake Ice

Default Paxson Lake Ice

I know it's going to be a late ice-out this year, but has anyone driven by this week? Is it locked?

Just heard a park service report this morn which said paxson lake park is not even open to vehicles yet. Road is still blocked with snow. A couple other parks this way are also closed. A few others were claimed to have limited use with no running water and "wet" camping spots. I'm sure they would have posted info on the park service websites.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

Quote Originally Posted by cod View Post
    Just heard a park service report this morn which said paxson lake park is not even open to vehicles yet. Road is still blocked with snow. A couple other parks this way are also closed. A few others were claimed to have limited use with no running water and "wet" camping spots. I'm sure they would have posted info on the park service websites.
    Latest info?

According to this forum, ice went out last night:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...axson-Lake-Ice

I'm headed to a cabin tomorrow to try to get lake trout on a fly, so I hope this is correct.

True...Paxson Lake ice is out. However, from the highway it looked like the entire northern half of the lake is way off color. It appeared to clear up toward the south end. Stay down thataway and it should be OK. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by smwinak View Post
    According to this forum, ice went out last night:

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...axson-Lake-Ice

I'm headed to a cabin tomorrow to try to get lake trout on a fly, so I hope this is correct.
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

Just heard from my friend who preceded me up there. Water is high and area is windy. He said it's difficult to fish, in part because the deeper water gives fish more area to move in.