Thread: Hooligan Seward AK ??

Default Hooligan Seward AK ??

I have just heard that Seward gets a run of Hooligan this time of year. We are planning on going down this weekend to do some fishing, and I am wondering what creek gets this run? Is it legal to Hooligan dipnet in Seward? Have the Hooligan started to run in Seward yet? I have been monitoring the forums for fishing reports down in Seward, and the water temperature has been colder than usual. I haven't done any smelting in years since the good old days in Duluth MN. Are Hooligan the same as the smelt we would get back in MN?

Thanks
    Ryan

yes Seward gets a run of hooligan, take the road that goes toward the prison, the first creek forget what's it's called, and hooligan are not even close to the taste of smelt from the great state of Minnesota take a look at the dipping forum and do a search

The great state of Minntucky! I grew up outside of Duluth and the smelting isn't even half as good as it was 20 years ago. The scene up here is turning into what it looks up the N Shore down there now. Even the S Shore, Wisco side, is crazy and the smelt runs are very low. Sad really
    Piscor Ergo Sum

Quote Originally Posted by summitx View Post
    yes Seward gets a run of hooligan, take the road tyes hat goes toward the prison, the first creek forget what's it's called, and hooligan are not even close to the taste of smelt from the great state of Minnesota take a look at the dipping forum and do a search
    Yes Seward gets em this weekend usually it's called resurrection river. I did it in front of wildlife troopers last year they didn't give a shat. Lots of em too!

Release Lake Trout