Thread: 25 Yards Standing Unsupported

Default 25 Yards Standing Unsupported

3 shots Double Tap 320 grain hard cast 44 mag

Interesting. Can't say I've ever been charged by a water heater before. Did it give you any warning signs? Nice shooting though!
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JC in AK View Post
    Interesting. Can't say I've ever been charged by a water heater before. Did it give you any warning signs? Nice shooting though!
    I want to know if he will have that water heater mounted.....

Nice gun and nice shooting
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Default unsupported?

I would assume that "unsupported" means you weren't using a rest of any knid.

Otherwise, we you using a single handed target stance or using a two handed hold?

Quote Originally Posted by jwp500 View Post
    3 shots Double Tap 320 grain hard cast 44 mag
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I found this thread and had to smile. I know what happened here. You shot three into one hole and were afraid to shoot the other two, afraid you'd choke. I get it, been there done that. I shot my 500 LB the other day at an IPSC cardboard at 100 yards. I shot three and my spotter (grandson) finally got focused on the target and started wailing about the group. I choked and couldn't shoot the last two. And yes that was standing two hand hold, put those three shots into about 2 1/2" in Alpha zone. I got lucky but wasn't about to chance ruining that group in front of that witness.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I found this thread and had to smile. I know what happened here. You shot three into one hole and were afraid to shoot the other two, afraid you'd choke. I get it, been there done that. I shot my 500 LB the other day at an IPSC cardboard at 100 yards. I shot three and my spotter (grandson) finally got focused on the target and started wailing about the group. I choked and couldn't shoot the last two. And yes that was standing two hand hold, put those three shots into about 2 1/2" in Alpha zone. I got lucky but wasn't about to chance ruining that group in front of that witness.

I was more concerned with only having 2 boxes of this ammo and not being able to get any more. I don't shoot as much as in the past because of the ammo shortage. I shoot just enough to stay, I hope to stay in shooting shape

its getting harder to find a good dump to do some plinking. nice shooting

Default with ya...

I'm inclined to go with you on your take on this one.

Five or even 10 shot groups are a lot more impressive be it either a rifle or handgun. Even better are two or more consecutive groups on the same target or piece of paper. You rarely see anyone bragging and showing multiple consecutive 3, 5, or 10 shot groups from a gun of any kind. From a hunting gun multiple shots on the same target over a number of shooting sessions would be the most realistic IMO. For hunting a single shot hitting the target at the intended point is everything.

Never did hear what "unsupported" was either - target stance, two-handed or ???

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

I make my own molds, cast free lead for 10 cents a shot. Now how about 2 shots at 100 yards from my BFR .500 JRH from sandbags. Off by 1/2" first shot but hit the second. .500 shotgun shell.jpg
    I have hundreds of 1/2" groups at 100 from bags and many 3/4" groups off hand but 6" is normal.
    I can't bash the O.P. about his shooting, only the need to buy loads when I know he can make his own.