Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushwacker Air reviews?

Default Bushwacker Air reviews?

Hi, we are looking at transporters for a hunt in 25 and were looking for anyone with any experience with Bushwacker Air. I spent some time on the phone with him and seems very friendly and willing to help any way he can.
    Anyone have any experience or feedback?
    Thanks!

I talked with Jeff last year, booked with him but had to cancel due to change in work schedule. Easy to work with, understanding of my situation. An I know that his clients have done well from what I've seen. Really nice guy!

I flew in with him a few years ago, his first season up there I think. Nice guy, very accommodating. Took us to alternate places when our primary spot was already covered by other hunters. Let us fly around looking until we found a place we liked. Came in early to pick up one member who had to leave before the rest. Plane was in good shape, well maintained. No crazy flying. If I had a complaint it would be that he didn't load much into the SuperCub. That's not really much of a complaint. It just seemed like it could have been loaded more fully and avoided one of the shuttle trips but I'm not a pilot so I have nothing to base this on, just an observation. We got several nice animals. I would fly with him again without hesitation. Be sure to take him a cold Coke.

Jeff Kruse of Bushwacker is a real stand up guy. He flew me and my hunting partner into the Brooks Range from Kavik River camp. The experience was awesome. Safety was his number one concern. His pilot skills were top notch. We had the privilege of flying into the Brooks in his super cub seen on his web site. He takes very good care of his equipment. The cub looked brand new. He recently sent me an email the he has acquired a Beaver. You cannot go wrong with Bushwacker air. The best part about the trip is that everyone that landed while we were getting our gear gathered in camp had a nice Ram to show off. He never told anyone were to hunt, I just believe he brings good luck to his clients. My buddy and I both shot nice Rams. We posted pics of them in the 2012 hunt gallery. I highly recommend him as a transporter.

I will be a repeat customer this year. Top notch!

I met Jeff last year had a couple of clients use his services. Nothing but positive comments!

I booked with him in 2011, but didn't get to fly out. I had a spot picked out to fly in for moose, he was more than accommodating on logistics and price!

We didn't fly out due to him canceling on us about 2 weeks before go time. He had plane trouble, and had to ground his plane until it could be inspected and serviced. He did set us up with an alternate transporter at about 3x the cost, (not his fault), we passed and luckily found transport on our own at a reasonable price. He refunded our deposit, of which was the full price of the trip not the 50% we actually put down... called him and let him know I tore up his check and asked him to send me the right amount.

Good guy to work with, crap situation he was dealt. I'd book with him again.

He's a good guy and would recommend him to my friends. He doesn't have junk neither, top notch equipment.

Jeff is a good guy and good pilot. I have several friends who have hunted with him and would not hesitate to do so myself. Also he supported our AK Safari Club chapter this year with a transported sheep hunt donation. Good guy!

Brett

All I can say, what a mistake. Details to follow

What happened^^^

I ran into two hunters in a hotel Fairbanks last week who used him, or tried to, and they had less than positive things to say about their experience.

My experience with the man was at the Sportsmans show. He didn't get my business. Not very engaging, didn't even make eye contact, acted as if I was bothering him by asking about a drop off. There are good transporters up there, I'd look elsewhere.

Please contact me via P.M. for details on this hunt.
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 01-11-2015 at 18:08.

mjonesvet, it seems we are unable to PM you, maybe because you have only a few posts. Feel free to send a PM my way, I'm curious how your hunt went

Email me at lovelandvet@hotmail.com and I'll fill you in, needless to say, he will never get our business again and in my opinion, if he continues at the same level of service and integrity as last year, he'll be out of business soon.

I have flown with Jeff and have had several friends use his service as well. There has not been one bad word spoken or experience shared about the service Jeff provided. I will be using Jeff again on future hunts without any second guessing.

Better not plan on a float hunt. We went on a 14 day float hunt and he didn't get our rafts to us until day 7 and that was just one of about a dozen debacles.

Did you bring your own rafts up from Colorado or did you rent them? If rented, who was the supplier? The logistics of moving people and gear are tough with all the variables. The expectations and perfection that we set as individuals are not always achievable from a third party. Something always fails from the commute to work to the way we want our steaks cooked at our favorite restaurant. I am sorry you had a bad experience, but I am sure there is more to the story than waiting on rafts. You can dislike Bushwacker Air, but I have every right to defend a them!

Jeff did a great job for me, could not ask for a nicer guy. He was very safe, my wife and I will fly with him again in the future no questions asked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast