Thread: willow

Default willow

Alright guys I put a jet boat in at the parks on the willow and cut the log jams out heading down to the Big Sue. I think we cut out four or five jams. there is still one I didn't cut about half way down because the is a clear back chanel behind a gravel bar that you can sneak through. It s river left as your coming down. I did run up under the bridge about four bends and came to a log jam.... I peaked up over it and could see more jams up river so I turned around headed back. that being said there is a lot if wood in the water. The big sue is flowing above and below the mouth of the willow. I also ran up the big sue to see that little willow wasn't flowing at all into the big sue and was completely iced over yet. I went to the deshka landing and water is flowing to the landing and then goes under the ice for a while farther than I could see . The deshka is open and flowing and expect the sue to push that ice down today or the next. Be safe and do your scouting this spring Because there is a ton of wood in the rivers and creeks.

Also should note that our boat was 60" wide so they are cut wider than that but some not by much. Bring a saw!

Thanks for doing all that work.

Thanks for the hard work. Catch any 'bows while you were there?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdstrike View Post
    Thanks for the hard work. Catch any 'bows while you were there?
    didn't even put the rods together....was a little bit dirty for my likings but should be clearing up by the weekend and fishing those jams should produce good rainbows early. will work the deshka for trout and pike this weekend and will post what I find! have a good weekend everyone and be safe.