Thread: Glenn Highway Trail Conditions?

Default Glenn Highway Trail Conditions?

Has anyone been out on any of the ATV trails along the Glenn recently? I was wondering what the trail conditions are for this upcoming weekend (Kings River, Permanente, Purinton/Boulder Creek, Eureka, etc).

Thanks in advance!

I doubt anything past King River is doable. I rode snowmachine at Eureka just over a week ago and there was still lots of snow.

Sunday up near Gunsight mountain, stuck a couple times just getting to the csabin.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

A buddy tried to ride Purinton trail last Wed, but didn't get very far off the road because of too much snow.

Default Kings river

Did Kings River week before last. First 2-3 miles were pretty clear sailing, after that we got into some snow and were breaking trail. Once we were breaking trail we only made it another 2 miles until we were completely stuck. We were riding newer Grizzlies with good tires and that last bit was a workout. mainly the getting unstuck part (:

photo (1).jpg

Thanks for all the info and pictures, sure beats driving that far only to be turned around. I'm not a fan of Knik River/Jim Creek, but that looks like the most open ride for this weekend.

Has anyone been out on any of the ATV trails along the Glenn recently? I was wondering what the trail conditions are for Kings River, Permanente, Purinton/Boulder Creek, Eureka, etc.

Any updates from anyone riding up the Glenn highway (Boulder, Eureka)? I rode Kings River/Young's Creek two weekends ago, the trail is is great shape with about a mile of diverted river into the road, but the bottom is solid rock so it is easy to navigate through. There was still some snow way up high but the trail is still passable.

I'd like to hear about Permanente and Boulder/Purinton...