Thread: Healy creek/ coal creek

Default Healy creek/ coal creek

Only seen imagery and my buddy frequents the area but attempting to float a river has never crossed his mind. Either of these floatable August to September timeframe? Getting my pack together, trying to trim down. Thanks.

Zach

I've seen them in low water and in high water - and it can change very very quickly - and I wouldn't raft down either low or high. One is tiny (few feet across) and the other will smash you into stumps, rocks, and debris that floats real good because it hasn't seen water in a few years.

Even if floatable, it doesn't matter so much anyway. Float hunting would require significant hiking to get to the right country, and if you're going to do that then just hike in and save yourself the weight of the raft, and also doing without whatever kind of trip that raft might have provided you on your way back down to the Parks. (that was my uncertain font)

Sorry to disappoint. Maybe others can chime in on some better alternatives for you.

Thanks for the heads up, didn't have the chance to scout the area yet. Was hoping to float in or out a portion of the way. Wishful thinking, guess ill be walking both ways!

Would you say on low water the smaller (few feet across) holds at least 4 inches of water? Might consider handlining the equipment out for a leg of it. Not sure, it's an extra 4 lbs but if I can't utilize it at all ill leave it out.