Thread: de-resonators...do they work

Default de-resonators...do they work

wondering if any of you have tried limbsaver barrel de-resonators. if so, did they improve accuracy, barrel jump, or anything for that matter. i had great luck with limbsaver products on my bow but just wondering if the barrel deres. does anything worth getting.

Haven't seen anything on the benchrest forums regarding them. If they worked well, they'd be using them.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Yes and no. I bought one for my Ruger m77 06'. For quick shots it seems to help a bit. But quick shots. If you shoot like this: Bang, 1001, 1002,1003, Bang.... NO. It will not pull a 3" group to sub moa.

Tried out some inserts off a Mathews bow I had laying around because I was also curious, no noticeable difference. Additionally they look pretty silly and you will get some funny looks at the range!

thanks for the replies. i ordered one to try on my .300 after reading a whole bunch of reviews on other sites. im pretty skeptical that it will do anything at all but they are 50% off (that should tell me something right there) so if its no good i can give it to a buddy and say its the latest and greatest. ill post some results after i give it a try.

Short answer: no. I tried one on a sub MOA 300 WM and could not detect any noticeable improvement. Next year at SCI convention went by the Limb Saver booth where they were hawking them and queried them about my results and was told that my rifle was too accurate for their de-resonator to further improve accuracy!!! Just my experience. In theory sounds good but real life experience did not bear fruits! Good Luck with yours.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

De resonators are UGLY and they can't do anything for your rifle a gunsmith can't; AND you won't have an ugly limbcatcher hanging on your barrel.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

It will not make an "accurate" rifle out of an inaccurate one, IMO - I've tried on 4 different rifles over time - The only true saving grace I'll report is "if" you have a rifle that shoots 2 or 3 shots into a good group and one flier it may settle that down and that goes for the cold barrel shot too BUT it is no guarantee - IME, you'll most likely burn up alot of ammo seeking what may or may not be "improvement" that satisfies you - A $15 add on, no matter what the idea, will not take the place of good gunsmithing