Thread: 870 question

Default 870 question

I have a 3 1/2" 870 express.
    My question is this. I'm looking for a slug barrel. Not with much success either. Will a 3" barrel work in a 3 1/2" receiver?

It should.I believe all the recivers are the same but the ejection port is longer as you move up in shell lenght.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Yes. But you won't be able to eject the 3.5 shells.

sent from my igloo

We have a mechanically good but kinda homely 870 wingmaster with an aftermarket rifled slug barrel on it in our bargain rack. I'm not sure how much it is but I know it will be cheap and I bet there's some wiggle room on it if you're a haggler. It has steel irons on the bbl and ought to be a great camp gun. If you're in town it would be worth a peek.

Thanks guys
    I think I'll get a 3" barrel for it. The gun was one of those deals I just couldn't pass up. I really don't use it for anything, should make a decent camping gun.

They make one for the 887 in 3.5". Why not get a turkey barrel and put in a rifled slug choke? I did and it works good to 100 yards.

Well I'm most interested in the iron sights.

Ever use the two bead sight where the front is a tru glow trangle? Deadly on deer. My last one was 75 yards with a winchester (385 grain at 2000 fps). It ended up where I aimed. He dropped like a box of rocks. Also if you need a bear gun the cylinder bore smooth choke and dixie slugs are a great combo.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Other than litefield who even makes a 3 1/2" slug.No need for slug barrels from factory with no shells on the market
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you