Thread: Long lake (KP area) conditions

Default Long lake (KP area) conditions

Has anyone looked at the lake recently?

Good choice of lake, Pete, any of those lakes , mostly matuaska and kepler and echo is good choices that have good trout, theres a small lake between matsu and kepler that is down in a hole from the highway that is over looked that has a small population of very large fish in there that was planted a long back ago. Remember to fish the edges of the ice this time of the year since its been a long winter. Wesak81, has some info to pass on to you. Steve

I looked at the lake today, still very little water, mostly ice.

My best bet would try Irene cause Irene always had some nice ones in it. Also has some very large charr in there. Be sure to stay in the shallows. I've always just enjoyed watching the big fish swim around.

Echo would be a good one too just watch the edges. Make sure try that little lake between Kepler and matsu. I've always walked in from the last dock on matsu. On the trail. U could find your self a 30 inches lurking around.

I saw some yesterday, almost could have grabbed one. Thanks for your knowledge.

Not a problem. Looks like I mite be back in the area around August in my old stomping grounds. Always loved those lakes always tons of fun on the ice or on a small hooptie putting around! I will be down in kenai also. Nothing like catching trophy rainbows! If anyone wants to fish when I am around I am game. This retired dude likes to be on the water!

Middle of July or beginning of August. Try fishing in the deepest part of the lakes with bait with bright colors right above the bottom I've always had luck and I've caught fish in the 30 inch range doin that. I will share some pics!

I'll fish with ya!