Thread: Eyelow eye near k-bay???

Default Eyelow eye near k-bay???

Hello, I will heading down to homer for the up coming weekend and was wondering if yellow eye can be caught in kachemack bay or do you have to go out to Elizabeth island to get them? Not asking for secret spots just wondering if it is possible to catch them in closer than Elizabeth isl.

You need to get out a ways to find them, I would think at least the Barrens.

Sent from my phone while I should be working.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

thank you JR2, that's what I was thinking also. it would be nice if they were closer in
    Quote Originally Posted by JR2 View Post
    You need to get out a ways to find them, I would think at least the Barrens.

Sent from my phone while I should be working.

My experience catching yellow eyes is good yellow eye habitat is rocky structure 200-300' deep that drops off to 600' or deeper and gets a good amount of current i.e. pinnacles, the mouths of bays and the tips of islands. I don't think you'll find such suitable structure in K-bay itself, but should as you exit the mouth of the bay.
    Those that are successful in Alaska are those who are flexible, and allow the reality of life in Alaska to shape their dreams, vs. trying to force their dreams on the reality of Alaska.

If you have a tenuous grasp of reality, Alaska is not for you.