Thread: .375 H&H again...

Default .375 H&H again...

I have recently become interested again in developing loads for my .375 H&H as I just had irons installed and plan on replacing my guide gun with it for close range where my cabin is and bears frequent. I have 1 load I enjoy shooting 270gr TSX at 2500 fps. I have some 300gr nosler partitions I have 1 load done but need to test with RL-19. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for loads... I have RL-19 and W748 in bulk so either of those would be good. I have IMR 4350 in abundance too. I also have 1lb of 760 I could try. 270 and up grain dangerous game type bullets is what I plan to use. Thanks for the help guys.
    It's not skybusting if you fold em'.

Midway had some Hornady DGS on closeout pretty cheap, half price I think, I picked up two boxes last week, not sure if they still have them. I was planning to try them with IMR-4350, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

I've found the Hornady Interbond 300gr RNSP shoot 1.5 to 2" groups with RL-15 and IMR-4160, no matter what the charge, in my gun. I've been wanting to try them with 4350 but I haven't had time. Don't think most would consider them a "dangerous game" bullet but I'm going to try them out for black bear this year and see how they hold up.

I haven't had much luck with the 300 grain partitions, accuracy wise. I tried RL-15 and IMR 4160 and got 2-4" groups. I just picked up a bunch more pretty cheap so I'm gonna try them with 4350 next. Care to share what you got them to shoot with?

in my 375 H & H i used 300 gr noslers in front of 75.2(dont quote me of course) grains of imr4350 and was moa or better and kill anything in N.A.

I'll try the 4350 loads...reduce a bit first of course. I'll shoot Monday or Tuesday with the RL-19 and partitions and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    in my 375 H & H i used 300 gr noslers in front of 75.2(dont quote me of course) grains of imr4350 and was moa or better and kill anything in N.A.
    Thanks, I'll research the 4350 loads and report back. Glad to hear someone else is using 4350!

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Thanks, I'll research the 4350 loads and report back. Glad to hear someone else is using 4350!

I have probably 5 lbs of it...inherited but it was real hard to throw with my manual powder throw...now that i have an electric trickler it will be better...im going to try...

Quote Originally Posted by AK375HH View Post
    I have probably 5 lbs of it...inherited but it was real hard to throw with my manual powder throw...now that i have an electric trickler it will be better...im going to try...
    Ha ha ha... I know the feeling, i'm still weighing each load. I've read lots of good things about IMR-4350 in the .375H&H so I think you got a great gift there! Which electric are you using?

75 gr 4350 with 300 gr bullet (I shoot Nos Part, Sierra game Kings, and Midway USA Blemished (Sierras I believe)
    76 gr 4350 with 260 Nos accubond, I doubt there's a diffenence with a 270 Horn or similiar. all with Fed mag primers, works for me.

IMR-4350 right??? Not H4350...just want to be clear. IMR is what I've got.

For me at least yes IMR4350(if I am not mistaken brown can or label).. Used it in two rifles both 375 h&h one was a browning and the other a whitworth

The 4350's and RL-19 are in the proper burn arena for your question. All three will offer a full case load of extruded powder under a 270gr bullet without concern for over pressure loads.

I haven't not used the faster ball W748 in a belted magnum class rifle to date.

Quote Originally Posted by DoughNut View Post
    75 gr 4350 with 300 gr bullet (I shoot Nos Part, Sierra game Kings, and Midway USA Blemished (Sierras I believe)
    76 gr 4350 with 260 Nos accubond, I doubt there's a diffenence with a 270 Horn or similiar. all with Fed mag primers, works for me.
    What kind of groups?

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post

I haven't not used

It's a bummer that we can't go back and fix grammar errors...

yes IMR sorry for the confussion, groups at 100 yds off the bench with a 1.5X5 easy 1 inch mostly 3/4 (in a 375 that's 3 rounds touching,
    Just for testing I put a 12X leupold target on it and test groups typically I'll have 1/2 to 3/4 what I'm saying is all my shots from the bench are in one square.
    For all my rifles I use ONLY IMR 4350 and I only use fed Mag primers, I once had too many powders and mis-read the charts between 4320 and 4350. the exception is my 223, I use benchmark and small primers of course.

Also, I only work in 1 grain increments.

Quote Originally Posted by DoughNut View Post
    yes IMR sorry for the confussion, groups at 100 yds off the bench with a 1.5X5 easy 1 inch mostly 3/4 (in a 375 that's 3 rounds touching,
    Just for testing I put a 12X leupold target on it and test groups typically I'll have 1/2 to 3/4 what I'm saying is all my shots from the bench are in one square.
    For all my rifles I use ONLY IMR 4350 and I only use fed Mag primers, I once had too many powders and mis-read the charts between 4320 and 4350. the exception is my 223, I use benchmark and small primers of course.

Also, I only work in 1 grain increments.
    Good to hear, my little stash is Fed. mags too. Funny, Benchmark has been my go-to .223 powder also!

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Midway had some Hornady DGS on closeout pretty cheap, half price I think, I picked up two boxes last week, not sure if they still have them. I was planning to try them with IMR-4350, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

I've found the Hornady Interbond 300gr RNSP shoot 1.5 to 2" groups with RL-15 and IMR-4160, no matter what the charge, in my gun. I've been wanting to try them with 4350 but I haven't had time. Don't think most would consider them a "dangerous game" bullet but I'm going to try them out for black bear this year and see how they hold up.

I haven't had much luck with the 300 grain partitions, accuracy wise. I tried RL-15 and IMR 4160 and got 2-4" groups. I just picked up a bunch more pretty cheap so I'm gonna try them with 4350 next. Care to share what you got them to shoot with?
    Ha ha ha... Everything that said 4160 in my previous post should have said 4064...