Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stranger is a celebrity

Default Stranger is a celebrity

Knowning he and his family are celebs on this forum is the bigger deal.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

What channel, what time ?

Nat geo, 5 pm, and a ride to a satalight dish aint gonna help me see it, so you fellas let me know how it go's As it is, Im already 'world famous' (LOL!!) in the Kotzebue region for standing up to ASTroopers abusing locals, and this show is better than nat geo's "Alaska State Troopers' portrayal of Native Alaskans http://www.thearcticsounder.com/arti...but_on_reality I actually had ALOT of say about content and scriping, narrating and such, so Im satisfied with my wok, now lets see what the editors have shaped it
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I've got it recording via DVR at 9pm... Looks like you made prime time!

Two more episodes on 5/26 and 6/2 at the same time.
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Almost makes me wish I had a television!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    Knowning he and his family are celebs on this forum is the bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GD Yankee View Post
    Ditto......

We lucked out an a neighbor called us over. .............. ( pardon the run ons, My enter bar wont give me space)..........When I couldn't post my doings here, as we filmed, I was bummin' this Winter'. Then I was apprehensive about how it would all be, and had many a terse and tense words, moments and such, as well as a learning curve, but dang I LIKED IT!!!!!! They really did well letting us all narrate ourselves. An editor/writer can make you say or do anything but these guys really worked with us and the result is something Im , at least for the first episode, VERY Satisfyed with and a smiles apon this familys collective face. Im looking forward to seeing next weeks episode.

Tuned in right now!!!!!!
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    We lucked out an a neighbor called us over. .............. ( pardon the run ons, My enter bar wont give me space)..........When I couldn't post my doings here, as we filmed, I was bummin' this Winter'. Then I was apprehensive about how it would all be, and had many a terse and tense words, moments and such, as well as a learning curve, but dang I LIKED IT!!!!!! They really did well letting us all narrate ourselves. An editor/writer can make you say or do anything but these guys really worked with us and the result is something Im , at least for the first episode, VERY Satisfyed with and a smiles apon this familys collective face. Im looking forward to seeing next weeks episode.
    It was either this show which mr strangers on his own acct says these type of shows are duds, ie yukon men... but he is involved in one then all of the sudden they are great... So I watched the Cleveland show... I might watch it next weekend..

stranger keep fighting the man brother we are rooting for you... your like your own version of AIM... Bilagana

We made VERY sure this was no Yukon Men. No "Voice of God' and nothing that wasn't "The usual" as we go about our ways. Drama is minimal and the less talk about how much money it equates to was kept to gasoline. No ones gonna "starve", either. I was a bit bummed as the winter progressed that we didn't have them along on the majority of our trappings and hunts, but the few they followed turned out well enough. We did get skunked on our Rabbit drives, and only a few snared, as we had a flood all summer and nothing , no Rabbits, no Ptarmigan, no Moose were in the 4 feet of water over their willows. Must be a low cycle year, very low, and we wanted to show them that it dosent always turn out, hopefully they will show that. ****, I cant make space with the 'Enter' on this forum, whats up , a glitch??.......anyways, as someone who cant watch Yukon Men, I was VERY satisfied with this, as its 'us' as we are, not on the verge of wetness. We got to be very involved with the writers and what was being narrated, almost entirely in our own words, so, they convayed our doings rather well, we were basicly talking about the subject of the filming, and since we know best, you wont find us hunting Moose , in winter on Mountain tops or getting wet and building a fire to keep from freezing our hands while wearing our mittens behind our backs the whole time......................... Whats missing is the Rock N Roll we always play while working, even a -20 ...................Who knows what the next episode is gonna be like, but we will be looking to see it. Glad ya liked it!

Is that the pipeline in the background when that wiseman dude shoots a caribou? Also that is a different breed of rifle he has. Seems like pretty small caliber? Great show anyhow! Congrats chip!

Release Lake Trout

I enjoyed the show Chip, especially your family's part. You're the real deal, getting it done in a cold and forbidding place that most viewers and a lot of Alaskans can't even fathom. Looking forward to the next show!

Will watch it next weekend

I liked the Andy guy thumping the ice 10 in. in front of him...........does that really do any good?
    Shooting a bou with the pipeline in back..............didn't someone shoot the pipeline once?
    Sue Aikens worries about a wolverine coming round the corner and attacking............she should be married to the guy on Yukon men!
    Stranger seemed to keep it a bit more real.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I really enjoyed the show Strainger! Looking forward to next week.
    Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Chinese proverb

What they never said is that some years ago Andy Bassich went through the ice and that's why he seemed more careful than most. I know some of the folks in the Ultimate Survival show but from the first episode of this one, this "Life Below Zero" program is really lovely and the best Alaska "reality" show I've seen so far. Can't wait for more. Beautiful and real.
    Mushing Tech: squeezing the romance out of dog mushing one post at a time

At least you won't hear anybody say "if the cows die, we die"........like I heard on the other show.
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Default Hulu ?

I can't believe I'm actually missing having cable tv, just in this one show. Would have loved to have caught it, but maybe I have to wait for the DVD or when it goes online.

Has anyone tried hulu to get that channel streamed for free?

I tried tonight while Chip's show was airing and got a dumb NASA show instead. Probably a time difference maybe? So maybe they're playing at EST like? But I don't know hulu. Anyone want to help out and get a link to see Chip's next showing, online?

Hulu is quite likely not the only game in its town either. Streaming video is gaining all the time. Could be many other services might be used.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast