Thread: peppers, sweet/hot interior

Default peppers, sweet/hot interior

Anyone grow them successfully in the interior? I've been reading on the coop ext site and they say they need to be grown through plastic mulch. So far the only real world growers I've met can get any fruit in green houses.

Can it be done? if so would a raised bed, raised rows on top, with a 4' hoop house built on be enough? Or is it a waste of time?

Pretty new to gardening. was hoping to grow peppers, jalapeno's, (both these in the raised bed and hoops), taters, and brocoli this summer if summer ever comes.

No green thumb here and far from a gardener but I have grown chili and jalapeno plants in the house with great success. I started with a pack of seeds and figured the plants would die early winter but was I wrong. They are like house weeds now. Even a small chili plant can grow dozens of peppers with little more than watering. One thing I have noticed is the jalapeno plants grow fast and tall but produce fewer peppers. On the other hand chili plants grow short, spread outward, and grow dozens of peppers per plant. The peppers are far hotter than the grocery store variety too!

AeroGarden is my friend!
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

what is a aero garden?

I was considering a couple cherry tamatoe plants in pails, I may do the same with the peppers. I dont really have a great spot in the house...but I guess living alone has its perks . I was thinking of picking up 3 jalapeno plants for doing some stuffed peppers. Love chilis but rarely use them.

It's basically an indoor hydro grow system. They are great for people who do not possess a green thumb. And you can grow your niche items year round, or, get your spring starters going early.

http://www.aerogarden.com/#category3
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

thanks for the link.

Default peppers

If you can control aphids, New Ace should work in containers outside, but most likely the aphids will decimate them.

Thanks Mark, I found this link with some aphid sprays.....the murphys oil soap one sounds interesting lol and I have enough of it for a lifetime of shooting.

http://www.cheapvegetablegardener.co...pepper-plants/