Thread: Latest from Susitna Valley

Default Latest from Susitna Valley

Ok, I don't have any photo's, but this is what I know...

Willow Creek is open all the way down from the Parks Highway.
    The Deshka River is open all the way past Rollie Creek.
    The Yetna is open from Lake Creek to Big Bend at Yetna Station.
    There is flowing water in front of the Deshka Landing, but the main river between the launch and Deshka River is still locked up tight.
    The mouth of the Big Su needs to break before the ice flushes, and my eye in the sky says it looks as though it could be another week.

As for fishing, some rainbows are being caught at the mouth of Willow and Montana creeks, and Clear creek is "hot". Phantom Charters has been running up the Talkeetna to Clear creek since the 12th.

Over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by slammin salmon View Post
    Ok, I don't have any photo's, but this is what I know...

Willow Creek is open all the way down from the Parks Highway.
    The Deshka River is open all the way past Rollie Creek.
    The Yetna is open from Lake Creek to Big Bend at Yetna Station.
    There is flowing water in front of the Deshka Landing, but the main river between the launch and Deshka River is still locked up tight.
    The mouth of the Big Su needs to break before the ice flushes, and my eye in the sky says it looks as though it could be another week.

As for fishing, some rainbows are being caught at the mouth of Willow and Montana creeks, and Clear creek is "hot". Phantom Charters has been running up the Talkeetna to Clear creek since the 12th.

Over and out.
    My neighbor here at Alexander flew in today and he said the Su is open from above five fingers almost to the mouth now. Jammed tight from Su Station up to who knows. The west Channel from five fingers past Alexander Creek to Dynomite slough is wide open but I haven't seen ice come thru here yet so I know it is jammed up north. When the west channel goes sky high and then drops like a rock, that means the mouth is going out! Will let you know when I see it. On the other hand Alexander is ice free and we have the Tunnel Jet in the water!

Thanks for the info.
    See any kings yet?

Quote Originally Posted by slammin salmon View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    See any kings yet?
    No Kings yet. Afraid to go down the Su to Dynomite. Might get a jam release and I'll have to walk home! Aint going to get to fish them this year on the Su. Everything this way shut down. Should be a few Kings showing up soon though.