Thread: Throwing in the towel... two years planning down the drain..

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Unhappy Throwing in the towel... two years planning down the drain..

May 18... another 10 inches of snow in the area we planned on hunting this year... break up and access will be into june now... The missus just informed me she's heading south for 10-15 days after Memorial weekend, to get moms horses and visit her family...

i will get to run things while shes gon.. then .. spend the summer building a cabin, barn. corals.. for mom who moved back.. and if i am lucky maybe a fall hunt. what the heck.. 6 tags to fill.. and not an ounce help on the radar... these women can make plans for me.. and ruin them faster then then they know..

needless to say... i am a little ticked off.. got sent all over the state for most of may, now being told june is shot also.. the best part is...

i am in trouble.. for telling them, i'm cancleing MY hunting season...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    i am in trouble...
    Reckon so.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Your always in trouble.

Release Lake Trout

Never argue with the Mrs's, you will always lose one way or another... You could sneak out while she is gone and come up with a story of how sick you were and couldn't get any work done...
    Ignorance is not Bliss, it's insanity

She must be on hell'va woman if your willing to cancel hunting season for her.. You might want to hang on to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by dvarmit View Post
    She must be on hell'va woman if your willing to cancel hunting season for her.. You might want to hang on to that one.
    Or get rid of her if she won't let you go hunting.........to forego a hunting season is insane!
    BK

Scratchin a hunt is better than building a barn.

Said no one.

Ever.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

You going to have bargain prices on all that bait you purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    Or get rid of her if she won't let you go hunting.........to forego a hunting season is insane!
    BK
    I bet he's afraid of her...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    BK
    oh its not she wont let me... its a cumulation of really late spring... mom moved back up... needs help.. business did a complete turn over the last 3 weeks.. we had to change evry IID in the state as we changed companies.. and since may is gong to be taken up.. and the late spring wont let us out till june.. hunting is good as gone.

to top it all off, i have to have another neck surgery this summer some time.. ( while i buld mom a house) and could look at loosing the 6 tags kids and i drew this fall...

its realllly a downer after all the work and planning my buddy and i did for this season, to not get to go..

but... of the 9 bears hanging on my wall... 5 were killed in my front yard... so while i build moms place... all hope is not lost.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

but... of the 9 bears hanging on my wall... 5 were killed in my front yard... so while i build moms place... all hope is not lost.
    There ya go.....keep, or at least try to, look on the bright side......lol
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

but... of the 9 bears hanging on my wall... 5 were killed in my front yard...
    Think of the money you will save and wear on machines Its not a bad thing to shoot stuff in your yard That's how I hunt moose LOL!!!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Toss out a bait barrel and a few salt licks.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Not to worry Vince. It's looking like this year the bears won't start rubbing until around the middle of July
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

i think the bears in this area went back into hibernation...you have some time yet. Just set mom up a wall tent for this year and tell her better luck next year.