Thread: 24' Sea Ark w/150 Yamaha prop question

Default 24' Sea Ark w/150 Yamaha prop question

So I have finally picked up a lower unit for my boat which has a 150 hp Yamaha jet. And I was wondering if anyone that has a Sea Ark with a prop could tell me what type pitch you run on yours. Mainly the prop is for the koyukuk run so a really heavy load.

I am thinking 17 pitch for med/heavy loads, 15 for heavy, and med/light use 19 pitch. How far off am I?
    Tony

I know this doesn't really help you...but I've noticed I pretty much have to almost sink my boat to drop to a 19 in my 20' alweld with 140 Zuke. 21 4 blade just straight puts out! I know it's not the same..but maybe try a four blade...? Mine torque steers and is a lil louder than 3's but its worth it when pushin loads IMHO

I had the same setup a few years back. I ran a 15 pitch SS turbo which has a lot of cup. Performance was 4200 rpm @ 33 mph down river and about 4600 rpm @ 28 up river with two moose. A black Yamaha SS in a 17 pitch would also work. They have less cup.

I have been kicking around going with a 4 blade. Have always liked them but running shallow, I am not so sure. But I may if I can get my hands on one for a decent price.

Nunya, thanks for the info as well. Sounds like many of my assumptions should work, but we need some ice to get out of here. Hopefully in the next week we can start some tests out. I have a 17 and a couple of 15's, must need to get ahold of a 19 to try out. Thanks again gents.
    Tony