Thread: Bachatna Creek

Default Bachatna Creek

Gents maybe planning a fly out to this area for silver salmon around the 28th july ...anyone fished this area ... Just wondering if it will be $$$ well spent or maybe look for something else

cheers

gents 90 views !!! nobody help !!! please !!

Sorry, but I (for one )never heard of Bachatna Creek. Where is it? From the name it sounds like a Yenta area stream. Is it spelled correctly as posted?

Talking

Bachatna is just south of the Kustatan if Im not mistaken. Should be good silvers at that time. Bears too.

SuperScot,
    I did a little map work and found Bachatna Creek. It is a West side (of Cook Inlet) stream, most of which are known for their silver runs. If a reputable air taxi picked it as a fishing spot then its probably a good stream as they have a vested interest in you catching fish.

Depending on what your expectations are for "privacy" you may want to ask how many anglers they take there a day, and when does the run peak. Of course, contact ADF&G for the real skinny on any particular fishery.

Never having fished there, my guess is you'll do fine given the reputation of West Side streams

Ive fished (and hunted) the area around Bachatna a lot over the years. I know of one cabin and a rather rough strip several miles up the river suitable for a cub but little else. Im curious, is someone advertising fly-in fishing on Bachatna creek?

Cubpilot came across few sites offering fly-outs in this region some involving the use of a helicopter! Expensive yes hence the reason for trying to find out as much information as possible before committing hard earned $$$$ to a trip of this nature

Cheers