Thread: 22, 9mm, 40

Default 22, 9mm, 40

Went by Sportsman's of course nothing on the shelf, but the ladies did let me know they are putting 22 bulk pack,9mm and 40 out Saturday morning. They promised they were limiting it to 1 box of each to each customer. Retail prices and they said come early.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergy View Post
    Went by Sportsman's of course nothing on the shelf, but the ladies did let me know they are putting 22 bulk pack,9mm and 40 out Saturday morning. They promised they were limiting it to 1 box of each to each customer. Retail prices and they said come early.
    The day after the Election I was in the local SW and a guy had a shopping cart almost loaded to the top with .223. It was such a big sale he was at the customer service counter. When it was all over I went over the CS service guy I knew and asked. He said the customer spent over $2000 and paid in cash. I thought to myself, the guy is a fool Obama is not taking your ammo or your guns! ( Looks like I was the fool.) But I already had my stash of 223 so I did not buy anymore. Now the local Sportsman's limits to either 1 or 3 boxes per day, IF they have any to sell that is.
    The local Walmart is a joke, all empty shelves, except for shotgun shells.
    Retired guy with too many hobbies....
    Shooting, reloading, metal fab/home machine shop.
    VW TDI diesel, fishing, Prospecting, Trip to Alaska via RV
    Retired from commercial HVAC / Master Electrician

I work at Sportsman's in Wasilla, and it's sad - every week when the truck comes in, there's a line of people waiting for ammo. There's never enough for all of them to buy what they want, even though we ration it. I can't wait until this hoarding madness is over.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by AKsoldier View Post
    I work at Sportsman's in Wasilla, and it's sad - every week when the truck comes in, there's a line of people waiting for ammo. There's never enough for all of them to buy what they want, even though we ration it. I can't wait until this hoarding madness is over.
    Sounds a lot like you are feeling sorry for yourself that you didn't buy a good supply to have on hand for the upcoming/continuing dry spell.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroman View Post
    Sounds a lot like you are feeling sorry for yourself that you didn't buy a good supply to have on hand for the upcoming/continuing dry spell.
    Not at all. I reload, and although I don't have a surplus by any means, I at least have enough to put meat on the table for a long time to come. I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to, just because I feel like I need to conserve what I have. Especially rimfire ammo, since it can't be reloaded.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

I think the people who work at SW get a 10% discount or maybe more? I only get my 5% military discount but since Sportmans at least down here is the cheapest on guns and everything else it really makes the shooting sports a little easier on the pocket book.
    Retired guy with too many hobbies....
    Shooting, reloading, metal fab/home machine shop.
    VW TDI diesel, fishing, Prospecting, Trip to Alaska via RV
    Retired from commercial HVAC / Master Electrician

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    I think the people who work at SW get a 10% discount or maybe more? I only get my 5% military discount but since Sportmans at least down here is the cheapest on guns and everything else it really makes the shooting sports a little easier on the pocket book.
    Not on ammo, and not on the most popular guns. Not that I'm complaining. I have no problem paying whatever everyone else has to pay. I just wish it was plentiful on the shelf like it used to be.