Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ship creek 2013

Default Ship creek 2013

I didn't see one created for this year so here it is. I was out there last weekend and nobody was fishing. I may soak some eggs this sunday.

Is it open. I didn't see any closers but I stopped looking a while back just figured no kings this year.

I wouldnt waste your time for a least another week and a half or two. I would be really surprised if there were fish in there besides some annoying dollies.

Of course it may be the only bit of open water this summer since the rest of the valley just wont give up winter.
    Makin fur fins and feathers fly.

Upper920.07016.jpg

Annoying dollies? Hey, I've gone through a fair amount of effort and some expense to pursue the wily Salvelinus malma!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Salmon II View Post
    Upper920.07016.jpg

Annoying dollies? Hey, I've gone through a fair amount of effort and some expense to pursue the wily Salvelinus malma!
    I'm with you - sooner be "annoyed" than kinged, anyday.
    Nice dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Salmon II View Post
    Upper920.07016.jpg

Annoying when there the size of a finger and your not targeting them. I wouldn't be complaining about a fish like that either. Just change tackle and get after em.

Whats the word lately?

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonSlut View Post
    Whats the word lately?
    Havent heard anything good. I know a few people have been going down just havent heard of a fish yet.

Been down twice, Friday and today. Notta. No bites, no rollers, no signs of life.

Anything positive yet? Hopefully it picks up while the weather is still nice!

The water still looks like chocolate pudding. I stopped by today but didnt see anything. 3 people fishing. 1 young kid claimed to have seen someone hook "a big fish" but the line snapped. Sounds to me like a fairy tale. I think it will be next week at least until we see decent fishing conditions and a fish down there.

Quote Originally Posted by c6 batmobile View Post
    1 young kid claimed to have seen someone hook "a big fish" but the line snapped.
    A seal?

Still no kings. My son and daughter both caught a dolly today. They were stealing our bait so I downsized the hook for them =D. Talked to 2 groups of 2 who said they had been there last 4 days and seen notta. Hopefully they are just late...

Might outta try to find another hobby while fishing down there; Mud collecting? Mud wrestling? lol jk
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after."
    -Henry David Thoreau

For you Ship Creek Boaters, the ramp has been cleaned out and the docks put in. It is ready to use now. Just waitin on them fishes... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

More and more people every day. Still no fish caught that I've seen or heard about talking to people. Trooper out checking licenses today, make sure you have your stamps. Lot's of little dollies getting fat off my eggs today...

nothing yesterday but one small jack by the mouth

Still very slow tonight. Didn't see any get caught where I was at between The Bridge Restaurant and the road bridge. On an entertainment note, I saw a guy jump in the river to retrieve a lure that his kid had gotten snagged. All the way in too-it was like a search and rescue dive

Quote Originally Posted by cwm907 View Post
    Still very slow tonight. Didn't see any get caught where I was at between The Bridge Restaurant and the road bridge. On an entertainment note, I saw a guy jump in the river to retrieve a lure that his kid had gotten snagged. All the way in too-it was like a search and rescue dive
    Must have been one hell of an expensive lure.

OK so i am new this year to the Alaska salmon run very excited to be here what do i use i have some bait casters that i used for bass in the lower 48 and 8 weight fly rod not sure what to use any tips would be very helpful thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast