Thread: Valdez Snow?

Default Valdez Snow?

Anyone have an update on Valdez snow? R any hillsides in the sound showing on the south facing hills yet?

Lots of snow all the way down to the water. It is melting, but slow. Bears are coming out on the hillsides but not moving around much

Four feet on the ground yet. Supposed to rain and snow all week. It is 36 degrees out at my house right now. Too cold to work on the boat.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I counted seven barr on the hillside last nite after work. Tonite I was watching a medium sized bear thru the knoclers as he began to get nervous. He was looking over his shoulder and quickly ambled downhill at a fair pace. Moments later a larger bear appeared in his place and gave a light hearted chase downhill after him. I lost sight of the first bear and the bigger boy gave up the chase.
    Yesterday it snowed on us for a couple hours with about the biggest flakes I've seen.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

I imagine where ever they can find food it is going to be crowded. My hummingbird feeder is active as all get out.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

32" of snow on the ground today. Last year at this date Valdez had 4" of snow on the ground.