Thread: 130 gr. in 6.8spc

Default 130 gr. in 6.8spc

All the Hornady SST bullets have disappeared. Plenty of Interbonds available. After reading up on the 2, sounds like the IB is the better game killer. Just ordered some. Had a good load worked up for the 130 SST, so hopefully the IB will perform likewise. They both have the same BC and Sectional density.
    I don't suppose any of you 6.8ers have killed something with the 130s??
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    All the Hornady SST bullets have disappeared. Plenty of Interbonds available. After reading up on the 2, sounds like the IB is the better game killer. Just ordered some. Had a good load worked up for the 130 SST, so hopefully the IB will perform likewise. They both have the same BC and Sectional density.
    I don't suppose any of you 6.8ers have killed something with the 130s??
    Here you go... 100gr accubonds

http://shootersproshop.com/index.php...ath=71_101_103

How do those 130 gr. bullets perform on game when launched at +/- 2300fps?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonardC View Post
    How do those 130 gr. bullets perform on game when launched at +/- 2300fps?
    Haven't launched a 130 at an animal yet. The load is showing 2450-2500 at the muzzle. I did shoot a bou this winter with SSA factory ammo using the 140 Berger VLD. It is advertised at 2400 and my chrono shows that as well. Not totally satisfied with the VLD performance. I believe the SSTs will do fine between 2000 and 2400. Some reports I read say SSTs break up at higher velocities when hitting an animal. A lot of meat damage. If the IBs perform close to the SST velocity and accuracy wise, I will likely go with them.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    Haven't launched a 130 at an animal yet. The load is showing 2450-2500 at the muzzle. I did shoot a bou this winter with SSA factory ammo using the 140 Berger VLD. It is advertised at 2400 and my chrono shows that as well. Not totally satisfied with the VLD performance. I believe the SSTs will do fine between 2000 and 2400. Some reports I read say SSTs break up at higher velocities when hitting an animal. A lot of meat damage. If the IBs perform close to the SST velocity and accuracy wise, I will likely go with them.
    I shot a whitetail a few years ago with the factory Hornady 6.8 SPC 110 V-max load which is a much lighter constructed bullet than the 130 SST. Performance from the V-max was very similar to what I've experienced with 130 SST's out of my .270 Win. i.e. bloodshot meat, bullet, starting to come apart, etc. But the SST from the .270 was going about 2900 fps. I would think that the SST would be just about right for 6.8 SPC velocities and that the IB's are starting to get too tough to expand at 6.8 speeds.