Thread: Temp Gauge

Default Temp Gauge

How does one go about troubleshooting the temperature gauge on a 210 Sportjet? Mine doesn't move, so I'm pretty certain it ain't working, Hope it's something simple so I don't have to take it into a shop.

if you have access to an infrared thermometer you can get the boat up to speed and then have someone measure the temp on your expansion chamber....that should give you a pretty good idea....if you see temps of 180+, your probably running too hot.....hope that helps...

I'm not shure how its set up but if it has a single wire connector at the temp sender you can disconnect it and it will read cold then jumper the wire to ground it will read hot. If it does this then its a bad sending unit. I'm an automotive technician not a boat tech but I would assume it works much the same. Hope this helps.

I'm told the 210 only warms the water about 30 degrees. So, since the river water is only about 40 and the temp guage starts at 100, I don't guess I have a problem with it at all.

I noticed 2 weekends ago on my 175 sportjet the temp didn't rise as much as I remember it last year. I assumed it was due to cold water intake. I don't recall what the gauge read but it did register.