Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still no hits...

Default Still no hits...

Baits been out since the first, still no hits, put out a ton of scent today, we'll see if that helps. Anyone been hit yet?

just got back from my site,.. bait got hit heavy

I got hit by a big Brownie Sunday, No Blackies yet.
    PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    How big do you think it is?

psh still cant even get out up here still 3 feet of snow on the ground in the area I bait really kicking myself for selling my snow machine in the fall.

The fur on that bear looks fantastic!

No go for me, I need to invest in a cheap snowmachine so I can set up my bait site earlier in the year and do some spring bear hunting(spot/stalk).

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Baits been out since the first, still no hits, put out a ton of scent today, we'll see if that helps. Anyone been hit yet?
    Checked my cam last Saturday. had a brown sow and last years cubs come in around noon and never left for 2-1/2 days until everything was gone. had a wolf visit a few times and a marten. Baited this last Saturday and Monday. A big brown boar visited for a bit and moved on. That boar was about 5' tall flat footed. Have to spend time again on here and try to figure out how to download pics. tried last fall and couldn't figure out how. any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter11769 View Post
    Have to spend time again on here and try to figure out how to download pics. tried last fall and couldn't figure out how. any tips?
    Brian M posted a tutorial many moons ago. Using a photobucket account or the like is the best method IMO. Check this link out: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...sting-Pictures
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

I wouldn't worry too much about no hits. My last bait I put in was on May 10 2011 and i didn't get hit till the 31st. Be patient.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about no hits. My last bait I put in was on May 10 2011 and i didn't get hit till the 31st. Be patient.
    Ha ha ha... Thanks for the encouragement, can you tell its the first time I've baited!

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Hoping to get the bait out this weekend, if we can't, we'll probably just have to bag it for the year...awfully short season this year.

Well drab... Checked the bait tonight, no bears. Put out a bunch more scent...

Quote Originally Posted by limon32 View Post
    Ha ha ha... Thanks for the encouragement, can you tell its the first time I've baited!
    Ya same here. It's been 2 weeks going on third this wkend and still no hits yet!! Plenty of bait and scent, hopefully soon😀

My partner checked tuesday night and nothing still. This is our first season, is this common?

Only brownies as of yet, but he left the camera out there this whole week and headed back in tonight. We'll see......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Bear bait 2013 143.jpg 55gal drum, no weird angles, just big bears! Brownie next year will have a bullseye on him! Blackie has for years now!Bear bait 2013 169.jpg 55gal drum was full Sunday, empty tonight! Giddy up!!!

Bear bait 2013 144.jpgThat there is 907 Baitem ball, looks like a doughnut!!!!! Oh yeah, he will hopefully get an arrow next year or a 10mm!! Show you boys how it's done a on a brownie with a glock 20!! Probably won't do a head shot, cause that noggin is massive and will be a awesome whole, or maybe like a blackie skull I have with a 10mm in the top of noggin!

Ohhh, and my to hang that ball, stood on top of the bbl, 6'5" on top of a 55 gal drum, which is off the snow a bit! YEAH, game on! Tried to swich up bait so brownies would maybe stay away, not its all up in the air gonna keep all the BEARS happy!!

Headed to check tomorrow night along with that bait ball.... We shall see

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing, gets me motivated again! i only get to bait until mid June so i'm running out of time! Better get more scent out next Saturday!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast