Thread: european moose mount?

Default european moose mount?

Maybe I am in the minority here but I think a Moose skull mount would look nice in my office. I am from Wisconsin an have a hunt planned this fall. If I am successful what would be the best way to get the skull home in one piece? Would it need to be finished in AK before being shipped home? Any help would be appreciated. Oh and we will be in the Fairbanks or Delta Junction region.

Thanks!

Andy

Would be cleaner have a local taxidermist do the work and ship it to you.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Before the skull can be shipped ANYWHERE, the meat & brains, ect will have to be removed & the skull will have to be DRY.

Otherwise if ANY smelly odors or leaking material could be reason for the trucking company to throw the crate away & you wont have Anything to say about it.

We ship moose out of Alaska every year & they are not easy to shiop anywhere without the PROPPER care first.

Crating a moose Euro is also a chore. It will have to be crated in a Plywood crate or you take chances of breaking points or nose plates off .

THEN after Boiling, cleaning, crating the skull mount ,Now you get to deal with the SUPER high shipping costs from Alaska to Wisconsin.

Most of us taxidermists already have a discount with shipping companies to get huge discounts on getting things shipped to the lower 48.

Otherwise you will be paying about $ 900. just for shipping if not more. ( Depends on how large a moose you gety )

If you cant get it all together yourself give us a call & we can Expidite it for you.

RJ Simington
    PRO Taxidermy Fairbanks
    907 322 0936

The alternative is to talk to the guy that runs a refrigerated truck down to the lower 48 sometime in September. Search it in the forum search engine. Seemed to have reasonable rates and will freeze your meat and skull and all. I agree about the euro moose the 2 I have I've been very happy with my choice. 379 peterbilt is his name on here.

Quote Originally Posted by bbearhntr View Post
    Maybe I am in the minority here but I think a Moose skull mount would look nice in my office. I am from Wisconsin an have a hunt planned this fall. If I am successful what would be the best way to get the skull home in one piece? Would it need to be finished in AK before being shipped home? Any help would be appreciated. Oh and we will be in the Fairbanks or Delta Junction region.

Thanks!

Andy
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...efer-Transport
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!