Thread: Wells/Cedar Bays and Oyster Farm Locations

Default Wells/Cedar Bays and Oyster Farm Locations

So it's that general time of year where I have more PWS questions than answers.

Trying to go somewhere we haven't explored, were thing of going south for shrimp/bears, but as cold a spring as we've had, fear hi snow levels down there and bears are one of the things we are hoping to see. Did Unakwik and Port Wells/Hariman/Ester past several times over past years.

With the snow, thinking of heading east to Wells and Ceder Bays. Any info/insight, must sees, must avoids would be helpful.

Also, are there any Oyster farms in Western PWS? Tried searching and all I was finding was closer to Cordova.

Thanks,

Will
    Since the World is 2/3 Water and Only 1/3 Land, Figures the Good Lord Intended I Fish More Than I Plow.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwill View Post
    Also, are there any Oyster farms in Western PWS? Tried searching and all I was finding was closer to Cordova.
    The oyster farm on the Western side of the Sound is on Perry Island. There are a number of threads here that mention them - look for the term Royal Wave, as that's their radio call sign.

Yep. Royal Wave is in South Bay of Perry Island. Great people and delicious oysters.
    Last edited by Rob B; 05-12-2013 at 16:35. Reason: fat fingers.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Are there any oyster farms in Eastern Prince William Sound?

There was a trial oyster farm at Tatitlek a few years ago, but I don't think it developed into an enterprise. Haven't heard of anything available there.

I believe there is one over there but he only sells his oysters at the state fair