Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: What's your plan with having 10,000 rounds?

  1. #1
    Member rimfirematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,133

    Default What's your plan with having 10,000 rounds?

    So stockpiling is the trend. So what are you planning on doing with all that ammo, powder and primers?

    What history channel doomsday scenario are you planning for?

    My outlook is that for any possible scenario you can dream up, being mobile is key to survival. A 420 round can of ammo gets heavy really quick.

    You will need to carry lots of other things for survival.

    What are you going to shoot? Animals for food? Good luck with that. Animals are in pretty short supply as it is now. Imagine when everyone becomes a hunter. My guess is you will be eating mice and bugs in short order.

    Think you are gonna defend your condo from invaders? Once people find out you have a mini Walmart thing happening in your basement you will come under attack and be overrun in short order.

    Need that ammo to defend liberty? You don't stand a chance unless some portion of the military gets on your side. And they will provide you with the guns, ammo and logistics anyway.

    It just doesn't make any sense to have all this ammo stockpiled to me.

  2. #2
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Hedge fund at best.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  3. #3
    Member GrassLakeRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grass Lake Michigan
    Posts
    1,978

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    So stockpiling is the trend. So what are you planning on doing with all that ammo, powder and primers?

    What history channel doomsday scenario are you planning for?

    My outlook is that for any possible scenario you can dream up, being mobile is key to survival. A 420 round can of ammo gets heavy really quick.

    You will need to carry lots of other things for survival.

    What are you going to shoot? Animals for food? Good luck with that. Animals are in pretty short supply as it is now. Imagine when everyone becomes a hunter. My guess is you will be eating mice and bugs in short order.

    Think you are gonna defend your condo from invaders? Once people find out you have a mini Walmart thing happening in your basement you will come under attack and be overrun in short order.

    Need that ammo to defend liberty? You don't stand a chance unless some portion of the military gets on your side. And they will provide you with the guns, ammo and logistics anyway.

    It just doesn't make any sense to have all this ammo stockpiled to me.

    1) You will never defend against a superior force...military, sheeple or zombie hords.

    2) According to a Nat Geo anthropologist studying in New Guinea amongst the last cannibal tribe.... people taste like pork. If this is the case, then the world will have Memphis style bar-b-q.

    3) Learn enough to stay away. People even in need will never go far enough in the bush if they have never been there before. People will not learn fast enough at that stress level to survive the hords that have a clue.

    4) learn that whatever you own is worthless. Your insurance will not cover rebellion or armed incursion, so after the first shot thats it. Most third world fights, people take what they can carry and leave. Just the basics not everything is needed.

    5) this goes with 4, is your life worth the toys you own? Most people want to hide at home on vast amounts of food and ammo to save their toys.... after the first shot, everyone will know you have something you are hiding so you are a target. You will never have enough ammo to stop the hords at that point. If they too are armed then you are a sitting duck. I hope at that point your house is brick with high up small windows... if not fmj ammo will shoot through you and your house of wood. So much for 200,000,000 rounds of ammo.

    If folks cant find you they cant do you harm... I wonder if mr. Korth will then have the last laugh...


    Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

    Edwin Hubble

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote: My outlook is that for any possible scenario you can dream up, being mobile is key to survival. A 420 round can of ammo gets heavy really quick.

    You will need to carry lots of other things for survival. END Quote.........


    Sorry I don't understand..........???? Why would you carry anything......???? Just curious.

  5. #5
    Member rimfirematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    I guess I don't understand your question.

    Do you mean why would you manually carry anything?

    Or do you mean that to survive you don't need any items at all on your person?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    I guess I don't understand your question.

    Do you mean why would you manually carry anything?

    Or do you mean that to survive you don't need any items at all on your person?

    I mean both.......Are you saying that to survive you would need more that being properly dressed and just walk out your back door......???

  7. #7
    Supporting Member Amigo Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Wrangell
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Anything pass mobility and air to breath is gravy.JMOFO
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

  8. #8
    Member rimfirematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    If it were me yeah. Lets see having water on you at all times is pretty important. You'd probably want a knife. A gun perhaps. Some sort of shelter and sleeping stuff. Cooking stuff. Pretty much your camping
    Your not going to convince me that your just gonna survivor man it with nothing but clothes on your back.


    And by that argument if you don't need to carry anything to survive why are you stockpiling ammo?



    And most of your typical scenarios you guys dream up all involve having no gasoline. And livestock don't do that great up here with out proper feed and shelter. So yeah your carrying on your back

    And let's say you do get your zombie bus to haul your supplies. Now your just a huge target moving around a limited road system

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    If it were me yeah. Lets see having water on you at all times is pretty important. You'd probably want a knife. A gun perhaps. Some sort of shelter and sleeping stuff. Cooking stuff. Pretty much your camping
    Your not going to convince me that your just gonna survivor man it with nothing but clothes on your back.


    And by that argument if you don't need to carry anything to survive why are you stockpiling ammo?

    OK.......Thanks, Now I understand.........You made false assumptions. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Member rimfirematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    So if I have made such false assumptions why are you one of the biggest supporters of stockpiling stuff on this forum?

  11. #11
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    So if I have made such false assumptions why are you one of the biggest supporters of stockpiling stuff on this forum?
    You might as well give up now, because don't ya know?.......you're talking to somebody that knows everything, is 10 feet tall, and bullet proof.......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    So if I have made such false assumptions why are you one of the biggest supporters of stockpiling stuff on this forum?

    Very good question:

    However............ More better you wonder what is your false assumption

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    You might as well give up now, because don't ya know?.......you're talking to somebody that knows everything, is 10 feet tall, and bullet proof.......
    Me only foolish "Grasshopper"........Does "Grasshopper" trouble you......?

  14. #14
    Member rimfirematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    You might as well give up now, because don't ya know?.......you're talking to somebody that knows everything, is 10 feet tall, and bullet proof.......
    Yeah I know. I'm more or less reaching out to the guys who live off Dimond Blvd, in a town home with 2 kids and a wife.

    AGL, I'm not gonna try and play your cryptic game of guess what I'm thinking. Either tell us how your going to make use of your stockpile effectively or just don't respond to the thread.

    Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right , but we will never find out if you don't want to contribute anything more than riddles

    As near as I can tell you like to spread your wisdom cause its good for you when you need to sell your stockpiles of stuff here on the forum or at gun shows.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Yeah I know. I'm more or less reaching out to the guys who live off Dimond Blvd, in a town home with 2 kids and a wife.

    AGL, I'm not gonna try and play your cryptic game of guess what I'm thinking. Either tell us how your going to make use of your stockpile effectively or just don't respond to the thread.

    Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right , but we will never find out if you don't want to contribute anything more than riddles

    As near as I can tell you like to spread your wisdom cause its good for you when you need to sell your stockpiles of stuff here on the forum or at gun shows.
    Sorry, again with false assumption.....I have NO ammo for sale, sale imply accepting Yankee Dollars for real physical goods. I seek only to trade ammo I fully expect I well not need in the future, for ammo I feel I might require at age 75. I have not done Gunshows in several years.

    He who not enjoy riddles, prefer avoid thinking & seek only easy answer.

  16. #16
    Member rimfirematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    A quick search of the classifieds reveal that you are selling guns and ammo for money. Unless that 150 dollars a brick for 22 mag ammo means something else. Or maybe I misunderstood your question about your 50 year old 10mm ammo and what it's worth. And btw I'm pretty sure the 10mm came out in The 80's.

    And maybe it was last year or the year before but I'm pretty sure that was you I met at a gun show trying to sell a tent and some guns. I recognized it from the descriptions I saw for it posted on the swap and sell.

    But okay, since its me and you on here for now, what is my false assumption?

  17. #17
    Member rimfirematt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Eagle River
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    And I do prefer thinking. Thats why im posing the question. But I don't need to take the scenic route to get to business

  18. #18
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,391

    Default

    Personally speaking, I'm just as likely to stockpile tents, jackets, and other such gear as I am ammo. Actually, I should say more likely. I probably should have just a bit more ammo on hand to deal with these buying frenzies after each election. As it is, though, enough to cover my average use for a year or two is adequate. I can always use another jacket, though, and another row of jarred salmon is always nice to have on hand.

  19. #19
    Member 4merguide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
    Posts
    9,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    and another row of jarred salmon is always nice to have on hand.
    Now ain't that the truth.....a person can't ever have enough canned food now can they?......especially salmon...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

  20. #20
    Member cdubbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    KP, the dingleberry of Alaska
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Now ain't that the truth.....a person can't ever have enough canned food now can they?......especially salmon...!!!
    When I lived off the road system, I had about 500 pounds of food stockpiled...canned fruits, veggies, beans, canned milk, cases of rice, oats, cereal, instant taters, flour, cornmeal, dried eggs, etc.....after freeze/thawing several times and being out in the moldy old shed, I ended up throwing most of it away when I sold the cabin....wish I'd hoarded benjamins instead.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •