Thread: Garmin transducer

Default Garmin transducer

I have a Hewescraft Searunner with a transom which I bought last year. During the last 12 months I have managed to break off the transducer which has been installed on the transom next to the main motor. I believe both times probably been caused by drifting ice when being anchored up. The bracket for the transducer is made of plastic and seem obe of faily poor quality. Has anyone else experienced the same, and if so have you found a better solution to the placement of the transducer?

Depending on your unit you could change to a stainless steel thru hull transducer or nylon.

i was out last week and my garmin depth finder started working off and on. (more off than on!) can't decide if its the transducer on the gps.

but the thru hull units sound great

Quote Originally Posted by AsilG View Post
    I have a Hewescraft Searunner with a transom which I bought last year. During the last 12 months I have managed to break off the transducer which has been installed on the transom next to the main motor. I believe both times probably been caused by drifting ice when being anchored up. The bracket for the transducer is made of plastic and seem obe of faily poor quality. Has anyone else experienced the same, and if so have you found a better solution to the placement of the transducer?
    Switch to a "in hull" type or just glue the one you have to the inside of the hull. Plenty of discussion on this site about that setup.
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR