Thread: Meadow Lakes/ Nancy lake Ice reports?

Default Meadow Lakes/ Nancy lake Ice reports?

Does anyone know if the Nancy lake recration area is beginning to melt or not? and if there is any progress at the Meadow lakes area?

Traditionally the area is ice free by memorial weekend. It's gonna be a close one this year if it happens. My guess is ice out on memorial weekend

I took the kids and the canoe out to Fish Creek yesterday, paddled up to the lake from the bridge in Big Lake and Fish Creek was totally ice free. We got up to the lake and the ice was melted a little ways into the lake around the shore but not to far. The ice was pretty thin though, I was able to break off a lot with my paddle from the canoe. I dont think it will be to long before the smaller lakes start to really show the ice melt.

Was nice to get out and try the canoe out though, kids sure loved it. I was hoping to have ice free lakes by Memorial Day weekend but I dont think we are going to see that till the first week of June, maaaaybe the last week of May.

I went hiking along the road at Nancy Lakes Saturday. The lakes visible from the road are still frozen with just a tiny bit of open water along the edges(2 feet or less). I did not see any leads or breaks. There is at least a foot or more of snow still on the ground in most spots.

Oh thats not reassuring! i have a trip to lynxx lake on the 28th of this month to do some fishing, im predicting i may be breaking ice! Any ideas if that lake might break up sooner then Nancy Lake. I can only hope lol!

The inlet between the bible school and the cabin is usually clear of ice by this time. You can usually find a decent number of fish in the shallows all the way to the bridge. soft plastic minnow imitations seem to work best but soaking herring under a bobber works too.

I was up Lynx Lake Road this past Saturday checking ice at Duck Lake (at least thats what I have been told its called and it looks like a duck on a map). But definitely not looking good. Lake was solid, couple inches of ice still on it. very little melt on the edge of that specific lake. Im talking no more that a foot starting to melt. Hope this helps but doesnt look good.

I checked Rocky lake yesterday and it wasn't to good either. It was melted about 5 feet out from the shore but had fresh ice (maybe an inch) over the top of what was open water. Went over to Biglake by the old Biglake lodge and it looks like about couple hundred feet of the lake is opened up at the mouth of Fish Creek, but you would have to put in at the bridge and paddle up fish creek to get to it. Even then was hard to tell how much was really open from where I was.