Thread: xtratuf II?

Default xtratuf II?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the new xtratuf II? was considering the 7"
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Well, you know that everyone thinks they have to new and improve to stay in business these days, and sadly that is true in many cases. Looked at the xtratuf website and the main difference in the II that I see is that the neoprene is exposed at the to "improve flexibility". What that makes me think is that the top, no longer coated like the rest of the boot, makes it more vulnerable to tears, especially if you are hiking through brush, or someone bumps you with a gaff...OK, I didn't see that feature on the 7 ", but for all the applications I use them for, I wouldn't have any but the tall boot.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the new xtratuf II? was considering the 7"
    is that the muck/tuff hybrid?
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Once the standard of the rubber boot industry ...... now that they are made in China ..... well, they're junk. http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...ing-move-china

Just found out the Honeywell is the company for both xtratuf and muck so is there an american company that makes something with the nonslip and other features that xtratuf had before they moved?
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Just found out the Honeywell is the company for both xtratuf and muck so is there an american company that makes something with the nonslip and other features that xtratuf had before they moved?
    Far as I know, Servus (also a Honeywell brand) is the only rubber boot still made in the US....think they're more geared towards the hog farmer than the fisherman, though.
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by cormit View Post
    Once the standard of the rubber boot industry ...... now that they are made in China ..... well, they're junk. http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...ing-move-china
    I bought a "made in the USA" pair of Xtr-Tuffs, back in 2008, and they were junk compared to the USA pair I bought in 2003. The '08 pair started to come apart in just a couple of months, where the '03 pair lasted nine seasons.

I bought a pair of Chinese Xtr-Tuffs last year, because that's all that was available. I expected the worst, but they have actually held up pretty well so far. No issues at all, after the first season.

it seems that responses are all over the place and it may just be luck of the draw now.
    Semper Fi and God Bless

You would think that now they are made in China, taking American jobs away, they would be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by REFAK View Post
    You would think that now they are made in China, taking American jobs away, they would be cheaper.
    Only cheaper to make. More profit.