Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody else sick of reselling of Walmart 223/5.56??

Default Anybody else sick of reselling of Walmart 223/5.56??

It's obvious when Walmart in anchorage gets in a shipment of the 420 round ammo cans of 5.56. They go for $200. Look at the local websites and all these "guys" are selling the same crap for $275+. These "guys" go and buy it all just to resell it to make $65?? One guy has 10 cans! This is why there is no ammo to be found. If we would all quit buying from these "guys" then ammo would be available to all. Ok thanks rant over

Go in and ask the manager politely when the shipments come in. Then go in before the other guys. Buy me a few cans. We'll deal. Oh, I need a crate of 7.62x54mm too.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I sick that people shop at wall mart period.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Don't buy from them. I don't.

Getting tired of these scumbags period. And it's not just at wal-mart. I was at SW this week and saw a guy bring his mother, mother's friend, girlfriend, friend and his friend's girlfriend in all buying .22 ammo, when they got to the parking lot, they all handed it off to the one guy. So that was 6 bricks all going to one guy, and they probably went up for sale online that night for double what they all paid for them. It's the reason this shortage is still around, if people would just stop buying from these guys for a month or two they will probably stop buying up everything to rip people off. Hopefully fishing starts up soon, maybe people will start shooting a little less and the demand for ammo will fall.

I've heard about another guy who hits walmart with 5 or 6 of his buddies, they all buy their limit of ammo, then come back after shift change and buy what ever else is left then sell it for double the price online. Hopefully there is a special place in hell for these guys.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Down here everybody buys ammo for guns they dont own and sells or trades them. We cant find ammo and when we do its close to 20 dollars a 100 for 22's.

Ron
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

My fondest hope is that all the scalpers can't sell their hordes and lose their shorts when it all get cheaper again someday. They're the ones wailing loudest about shortages, yet they're the ones intentionally buying up everything so there will be a shortage and they can rape us. I won't give them a cent even if I have to do without a particular variety of ammo. I take my shooting too seriously to let them play their games. To me they're worse than crooked politicians.

If you are not going to stockpile ammo in the future then this should be a pretty good lesson for you. Go to the stores and figure out what ammo is consistently available then walk up to the counter and buy a rifle in that caliber. 325WSM and 7mm rem mag for instance are two I consistently see on the shelf and they are both fine cartridges. 270 WSM is another and I have even seen plenty of bullets and brass available for it.

If you reload you should definitely stockpile primers since they are relatively cheap and go fast. I am short primers this time and won't make this mistake again. I am annoyed with myself about it too because I knew better.

It is a good idea to find a couple powders that work well in an assortment of your weapons and just plan to keep it on the shelf in bulk. I have plenty of IMR4350 as my SHTF powder. I will in the future keep a minimum of 8lbs of it unopened at all times.

22lr just makes sense to stockpile. I have several thousand rounds on hand and always have just because I tend to misplace it in the garage or shop and wind up buying another brick whenever I go out shooting rather than wasting time looking for it. The shortage definitely gave me some incentive to go on a ".22 scavenger hunt" around the house and I "found" quite a bit of it. I will keep 10-20k rounds of it on hand once the availability returns.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    My fondest hope is that all the scalpers can't sell their hordes and lose their shorts when it all get cheaper again someday. They're the ones wailing loudest about shortages, yet they're the ones intentionally buying up everything so there will be a shortage and they can rape us. I won't give them a cent even if I have to do without a particular variety of ammo. I take my shooting too seriously to let them play their games. To me they're worse than crooked politicians.
    roger that brother !!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Go to the stores and figure out what ammo is consistently available then walk up to the counter and buy a rifle in that caliber. 325WSM and 7mm rem mag for instance are two I consistently see on the shelf and they are both fine cartridges. 270 WSM is another and I have even seen plenty of bullets and brass available for it. .
    I agree- that runs completely opposite the age old advice to "buy a common cartridge like an '06 or .308"... pretty happy I've got a couple oddballs laying around that I can manage to shoot without worrying about where the next box of ammo might be coming from.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Lujon,

What primers do you need? I have primers for 280 AI, let me know if you need some. I also have some bulk brass I promised to give you from last year......CK

This WILL for sure happen again just as it has happened in the past........Each time it gets worse than the time before.

Will you'll be ready the NEXT time.........or will you cling to the idea that retailers have an obligation to tie up their capital so you can but one or two boxes as needed......????

In the end it is ONLY a small inconvenience with AMMO............FOOD is different, Just think how irate you will be when the food shelves are bare and your family is starving to death.....(and you have NO ammo).

Buy ammo Buy FOOD............you can't eat your 401K plan or your Apple Stock.

Quote Originally Posted by AGL4now View Post
    This WILL for sure happen again just as it has happened in the past........Each time it gets worse than the time before.

Will you'll be ready the NEXT time.........or will you cling to the idea that retailers have an obligation to tie up their capital so you can but one or two boxes as needed......????

In the end it is ONLY a small inconvenience with AMMO............FOOD is different, Just think how irate you will be when the food shelves are bare and your family is starving to death.....(and you have NO ammo).

I agree 100% My favorite Quote " Believe it or not no one owes you anything "
    Owner of Kenai Keeper www.kenaikeeper.com

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Lujon,

What primers do you need? I have primers for 280 AI, let me know if you need some. I also have some bulk brass I promised to give you from last year......CK
    I have a 1k box of WLR and one of Fed 215 plus a couple hundred Fed 210's. My Nosler AI data calls for 210's though I am sure I can work up with the 215's so I should be good on that end. My biggest mistake was not buying more small rifle primers. I am down to 400 or so which isn't much for the kids AR's considering they can easily shoot a couple hundred rounds at a single range session and be begging for more. I would love to find a couple boxes of CCI 41's. As it stands we will make it through the drought and have plenty of components to roll 7-08 and 280 which should keep us in moose meat and HOPEFULLY sheep for a change!

I'll wait in line and buy from the retailers if and when I need ammo, thank you very much. The guys buying up all the ammo they can find and spreading fear so they can scalp money from their "friends" are driving this shortage. They won't get a cent from me. Like I said, my fondest hope is that they get stuck with a garage full of high priced ammo when prices drop and shortages end.

Capitalism at it's finest - I have no problem with any of the antics of the scalpers. While I hardly a fan of Walmart, I do have to wonder why they aren't taking advantage of the situation and simply jacking their prices up and reaping the profits.

Anyone remember the Hunt brothers and when they tried to corner the silver market? It worked for a while and silver prices went up to $150 or so in todays dollars. But silver is simply a commodity, like ammo, and eventually the price dropped back to below it's normal market price and the Hunt brothers got caught holding the bag. It will likely happen to many of the ammo scalpers also - look for bargins when the market collaspes.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Quote Originally Posted by tvfinak View Post
    But silver is simply a commodity, like ammo, and eventually the price dropped back to below it's normal market price and the Hunt brothers got caught holding the bag. It will likely happen to many of the ammo scalpers also - look for bargins when the market collaspes.
    Yep...when the guy holding 50k rounds of 22 needs to make a mortgage payment pronto and the shelves are full- he'll have to cut prices to move it....come to think of it, that's how I bought most of the ammo I've got now.

An often overlooked law of free market economics- For every opportunity on the demand side...there will be an equal opportunity on the supply side.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    Yep...when the guy holding 50k rounds of 22 needs to make a mortgage payment pronto and the shelves are full- he'll have to cut prices to move it....

I figure anyone with a mortgage is living way beyond he means.........Never understood why people go into debt for ATV's, Snow Machines, Homes.

Come to think if it millions were made in the "Great Alaska Banking CRASH of 84' to 92' "

If you really need Ammo, sell your TV, and walk every evening for 3 hours. You will save money and your brain. People got way to many toys.

I agree it will happen again. The buying frenzy is driven by politics. This time is worse because all the research I have done suggests that many people who didn't own guys before it started rushed out and bought them and all the ammo they could get for it because they thought that gun control might actually pass this time. The shelves will fill up again once the frenzy dies down and the suppliers can get caught up. Glad I was prepared to reload all the ammo I will need for a year or so because I will not pay the higher prices some are seeking. There are still ARs etc at normal prices available from places like Bud's guns. The reputable retailers have chosen not to sacrifice their morales just to turn a larger profit. They are selling all the guns and ammo they can get in stock so they are still making a killing without gouging people. Just my opinion on this mess.

I figure anyone with a mortgage is living way beyond he means.........Never understood why people go into debt for ATV's, Snow Machines, Homes.

Come to think if it millions were made in the "Great Alaska Banking CRASH of 84' to 92' "

If you really need Ammo, sell your TV, and walk every evening for 3 hours. You will save money and your brain. People got way to many toys.
    On those points we completely agree.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast